Local treatment for Lip Sync Battle in India
Format | India | 07/09/2017
Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) has signed its first-ever format license agreement in India, where FremantleMedia is producing a Hindi version of Lip Sync Battle.
Lip Sync Battle will broadcast in a prime-time slot on Saturdays and Sundays on Star India’s general-entertainment channel Star Plus. The adaptation, which is due to debut this fall, will feature some of the country’s most famous celebrities from Bollywood, television and sports. This deal brings the total number of local treatments to 21.
Laura Burrell, the head of formats, international program sales at VIMN, stated, “We are thrilled to partner with FremantleMedia to create a Hindi version of Lip Sync Battle. Breaking into the competitive Indian market is testament to the universal appeal of the format, which has had people laughing and gasping the world over since it first launched in 2015. With a number of Bollywood stars already lining up to take part in the show, we can guarantee that this colorful adaptation is certainly going to have the ‘wow factor!’”
Aradhana Bhola, the managing director of FremantleMedia India, added: “We are delighted to bring Viacom’s Lip Sync Battle to Indian viewers. As producers, we were drawn to its intrinsic craziness, over-the-top competitiveness and ultimate show-off surprises. We hope that the viewers have as much fun watching it as we have had producing it for Star Plus.”
Germany’s commercial TV channel ProSieben has commissioned the smash-hit MASTERS OF DANCE
Herve Hubert and Antenna TV acquire Sounds of the Nation
Armoza sends The Surprise Teacher to France and Spain
All Together Now lands first European sales
Hungary and Turkey board format What Would Your Kid Do?
- Rome - 21/06/2018 Iran-Spain football match achieved more than 5 million viewers on Italia 1: Period drama Love and Sacrifice recorded 1.5 million viewers on Canale 5 read more
- Rome - 20/06/2018 Period drama series Love and Sacrifice 2 on air tonight by Canale 5: The ready-made is distributed by Mediaset Distribution read more
- Milano - 19/06/2018 Canale5 won pt slot with football match of WC2018 Tunisia-Inghilterra - 6.2m viewers: Rai1 premiered new season of family drama Tutto può succedere that recorded 3.2m viewers read more
- Milano - 17/06/2018 Italia1 won pt slot with World Cup's match Croazia-Nigeria - 4m viewers: NOVE musical event Radio Italia Live - Il Concerto recorded 490.000 viewers read more
- Milano - 16/06/2018 Over 7m viewers for Canale5 with World Cup's match Spagna-Portogallo: Rai1 variety show Ora o Mai Più involved 3.7m viewers read more
- Milano - 15/06/2018 Game show Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 closed with 3.2m viewers: Rai1 rerun drama series Don Matteo recorded 2.9m viewers read more
- Zagreb - 21/06/2018 Nem 2018 broke previous records with the hightest attendance so fare: The event has been a success with new business opportunities read more
- Los Angeles - 21/06/2018 Manuela Caputi is one of the judge at the Pitch & Play live event in Budapest: CEETV and NATPE are proud to announce the three finalists for the third edition read more
- Montecarlo - 20/06/2018 Announced the winner of the 58th festival de Television de Monte-Carlo: The big event held in Jund 15-19 in the South of France read more
- Giffoni - 20/06/2018 Giffoni Experience si accorda con Topolino per la 48 edizione del festival: Ruolo culturale con l'obiettivo di raccontare la manifestazione read more
- Roma - 19/06/2018 Annunciati i vincitori del concorso ProFormat da Anart, Siae, Unisob: La proclamazione attesa per il 26 giungo nella suggestiva cornice di Napoli read more
- Dubrovnik - 06/06/2018 Agenda of the key media event in CEE region – NEM 2018: NEM's sixth edition, taking place in Dubrovnik from June 11 to 14 read more