Eccho Rights brings award-nominated Turkish Drama to Malaysia
Scripted Format | Stockholm | 17/08/2017
Eccho Rights have secured deals for Heart Of The City and Insider in Malaysia, where interest in Turkish Drama is taking off.
Ay Yapim’s Heart Of The City will become the first ever Turkish Drama on national pubcaster RTM later this summer.
“We are very excited by this development, and see the Malaysian market as a big opportunity for Turkish Drama,” says Nixon Yau Lim, Head of Asia Pacific at Eccho Rights, the international distributor for the series. “There is already a strong core of fans in the region enjoying Turkish series through subscription services, but with RTM bringing Heart Of The City to free-to-air television, we expect the genre to flourish even further.”
Further to the deal in Malaysia, international distributor Eccho Rights can confirm further new sales for the series in Israel (Dori Media), Lithuania (LNK), Angola (Zap) and Bulgaria (BTV).
Additionally, the series was today announced as a nominee in the Serial Drama category at the 12th Seoul International Drama Awards, with lead actor Kerem Bürsin receiving a nomination for his performance, in the Best Actor category.
Insider has been picked up by Astro, as the latest premium drama for its subscription service. The series, also from Ay Yapim, was the most successful launch of the past year on Show TV in Turkey, and has since performed incredibly well internationally, with an average rating over 16% on Mega in Chile this summer, and several more sales to channels worldwide.
“Worldwide interest in Turkish Drama continues to be very strong,” says Fredrik af Malmborg, Managing Director at Eccho Rights. “We see the same development in new countries all the time where Turkish drama quickly is earning a very strong position, now also in Malaysia”
In Heart Of The City, a young man (Ali - Bürsin) raised at sea, must confront the traumas of his past when he is forced on to the main land - a destiny he can’t fight when he encounters the beautiful dancer Derin (Leyla Lydia Tuğutlu) who will change his life forever.
Insider sees two estranged brothers as moles on opposite sides of the law, each trying to uncover the other’s identity, unaware of their shared personal history. Insider stars Çağatay Ulusoy and Aras Bulut İynemli.
- Rome - 16/02/2018 Rai 1 comedy series Don Matteo 11 won the slot with 6.6 million viewers: The pubcaster keep being the leader of the prime time schedule read more
- Bologna - 15/02/2018 Unforgettable producer Bibi Ballandi passed away today : He was the king of entertainment, working hard with the most important artists read more
- Rome - 14/02/2018 Big debut for Rai 1 mini-series Fabrizio De Andrè - Principe Libero: The biopic focused on the real life of the celeb Italian singer read more
- Rome - 13/02/2018 Commissario Moltalbano is a super brand on Rai 1 with 11million viewers: The new episode scored an incredible result read more
- Rome - 12/02/2018 Sunday night dominated by Talk shows: The TV offers includes reportages, interviews read more
- Milano - 11/02/2018 Sanremo Music Festival 2018 closed on Rai1 with 12.125.000 viewers: The show is hosted by Claudio Baglioni, Michelle Hunziker and Pierfrancesco Favino. read more
- Paris - 31/01/2018 Massive response to "in developments call for entries" in Cannes: Two days of drama creative forum to be held in 10-11 April read more
- Miami - 21/01/2018 Natpe review by Sara Alessi @Worldescreen: The 2018 edition of NATPE in Miami was a success according to JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 Si apre il #NATPE 2018 a Miami con una fitta agenda di appuntamenti: Oggi inizia ufficialmente il mercato con la presentazione da parte di JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 All'Eden Hotel sono stati presentati i vincitori del Breakthrough : Un lunch evento per premiare I format piu' innovativi read more
- Paris - 11/01/2018 MIPTV announces its first keynote of 2018 - BuzzFeed’s Head of Development Matthew Henick: The leading global television and digital content market, MIPTV takes place in Cannes, France from April 9-12, 2018 read more
- Singapore - 05/12/2017 Asia TV Forum in Singapore closed with deals worth 289 million : The 18th event was a success with 5498 delegates from all over the world read more