Canal 13 Chile is on point with Vértigo
Format | Chile | 16/08/2017
Having been on air on Canal 13 for 12 seasons, Vértigo has become a Chilean TV classic, and the format has traveled as well via a handful of international sales.
The live prime-time format sees celebrities from the worlds of entertainment, politics and sports discussing their pasts and relationships with the public, even making some buzzworthy revelations.
“The authenticity of Vértigo lies mainly in the perfect combination of three elements: humor, truth and contingency, which together create the unquestionable hallmark of the format,” says Rodrigo Correa Pohl, content sales manager at Canal 13 Chile. “These three main elements allow us to offer a format that is appealing to any territory. It’s a show capable of adapting to every market that [is looking for] a fresh format. Also, due to all the years the show has been on air, new ways of elimination and participation with the audience have been implemented, which makes it an innovative and pioneering show.”
He adds that Vértigo breaks the conventions of a traditional game-show format with its infusion of glamor, emotions and conversations. Canal 13 Chile will be at MIPCOM looking to shore up further sales on the title, which Correa Pohl is confident can “conquer every market.” The company’s format slate also includes the successful reality show Opposite Worlds (Mundos Opuestos), in which 20 participants—ten being celebrities—live in a house divided by a glass wall that separates it into two distinct parts: one that is outfitted with futuristic amenities and the other that is themed with the scarcity of the past. Correa Pohl describes it as an “extreme reality show where teamwork is essential and the presence of each participant will depend on their performance in every elimination game.” The format has been adapted and aired in Paraguay (RPC), the U.S. (Syfy) and Colombia (RCN).
New from Canal 13 Chile for MIPCOM are Papá Mono and Irreversible. Papá Mono is a scripted comedy about Francisca, a single mother who lives with her son Nico after her husband runs off with another woman. Seeing his mother overburdened with household chores, Nico enlists the help of his grandfather, Caco Martínez, a fun-loving and lazy man who loves parties, women and alcohol but deep down has a big heart. Irreversible, meanwhile, is a series of self-contained episodes that tell the stories of murders inspired by real-life cases.
Correa Pohl notes that Canal 13 Chile has built up a considerable amount of expertise in the last 56-plus years of being in the television business, notably “in the development and creation of original formats.” He also points out that the Chilean broadcaster has successfully adapted a number of high-profile formats from the international market, including The Voice and MasterChef, “always maintaining the quality of the original versions and presenting new business lines that weren’t discussed in our country before.”
Doppio appuntamento con Pechino Express-Verso il Sol Levante su Rai 2
La serie Handmade's Tale trionfa agli Emmy di NY
Sky Arte HD lancia Definizioni d'Autore ogni lunedì alle 21.10
Comedy Central’s Roast Battle set for UK Treatment
Torna il talent show X-Factor prodotto da Fremantle Media Italia
- Milano - 18/09/2017 Rai1 rerun drama series Un passo dal cielo 3 won pt slot with 3m viewers: Canale movie Benvenuti al Nord recorded 2.5m viewers read more
- Milano - 17/09/2017 Good debut for Rai1 one woman show 1, 2, 3... Fiorella! that won pt slot with 3.9m: Canale5 entertainment show Ciao Darwin 7 recorded 2.1m viewers read more
- Milano - 16/09/2017 Rai1 musical event Andrea Bocelli Show won pt slot with 3.9m viewers: RealTime cooking talent show Bake Off Italia recorded 945.000 viewers read more
- Milano - 15/09/2017 Rai1 premiered drama series Provaci ancora prof 7! and won pt slot with 4.2m viewers: SkyUno premiered talent show X-Factor with good results - over 1m viewers read more
- Rome - 15/09/2017 Raicom launches season 2017/2018 of All Opera: The offer includes the best Italian season read more
- Milano - 14/09/2017 Rai1 movie Torno indietro e cambio vita won pt slot with 3.3m viewers: Rai2 premiered new edition of adventure game Pechino Express that recorded 1.8m viewers read more
- Zagreb - 07/09/2017 Nem announces dates for 2018 and offers free badges for early bird: The Sixth edition will be held in Dubrovnik, Croatia from June 11-14 read more
- New York - 07/08/2017 2017 International Emmy Awards nominees for news & current affair revealed: First Ever Emmy Nomination for Israel’s i24NEWS and First Current Affairs Nomination for Sweden’s SVT read more
- Roma - 24/07/2017 Simona Ercolani riceve il premio al Giffoni per I ragazzi del Bambino Gesù: La serie ritornerà nel 2018 insieme alla pubblicazione del libro read more
- Roma - 19/07/2017 Ecco l'elenco completo del board e del comitato selezione di MIA: Ad essi il compito di scegliere i progetti che saranno presentati al'evento read more
- Roma - 18/07/2017 Presentata la 3a edizione di MIA-Mercato Internazionale Audiovisivo: La manifestazione si svolgerà a Roma dal 19 al 23 ottobre read more
- Budapest - 24/06/2017 Chiusa con successo l'edizione 2017 di Natpe Budapest: Ne abbiamo parlato con il presidente e CEO JP Bommel read more