Canal 13 Chile is on point with Vértigo
Format | Chile | 16/08/2017
Having been on air on Canal 13 for 12 seasons, Vértigo has become a Chilean TV classic, and the format has traveled as well via a handful of international sales.
The live prime-time format sees celebrities from the worlds of entertainment, politics and sports discussing their pasts and relationships with the public, even making some buzzworthy revelations.
“The authenticity of Vértigo lies mainly in the perfect combination of three elements: humor, truth and contingency, which together create the unquestionable hallmark of the format,” says Rodrigo Correa Pohl, content sales manager at Canal 13 Chile. “These three main elements allow us to offer a format that is appealing to any territory. It’s a show capable of adapting to every market that [is looking for] a fresh format. Also, due to all the years the show has been on air, new ways of elimination and participation with the audience have been implemented, which makes it an innovative and pioneering show.”
He adds that Vértigo breaks the conventions of a traditional game-show format with its infusion of glamor, emotions and conversations. Canal 13 Chile will be at MIPCOM looking to shore up further sales on the title, which Correa Pohl is confident can “conquer every market.” The company’s format slate also includes the successful reality show Opposite Worlds (Mundos Opuestos), in which 20 participants—ten being celebrities—live in a house divided by a glass wall that separates it into two distinct parts: one that is outfitted with futuristic amenities and the other that is themed with the scarcity of the past. Correa Pohl describes it as an “extreme reality show where teamwork is essential and the presence of each participant will depend on their performance in every elimination game.” The format has been adapted and aired in Paraguay (RPC), the U.S. (Syfy) and Colombia (RCN).
New from Canal 13 Chile for MIPCOM are Papá Mono and Irreversible. Papá Mono is a scripted comedy about Francisca, a single mother who lives with her son Nico after her husband runs off with another woman. Seeing his mother overburdened with household chores, Nico enlists the help of his grandfather, Caco Martínez, a fun-loving and lazy man who loves parties, women and alcohol but deep down has a big heart. Irreversible, meanwhile, is a series of self-contained episodes that tell the stories of murders inspired by real-life cases.
Correa Pohl notes that Canal 13 Chile has built up a considerable amount of expertise in the last 56-plus years of being in the television business, notably “in the development and creation of original formats.” He also points out that the Chilean broadcaster has successfully adapted a number of high-profile formats from the international market, including The Voice and MasterChef, “always maintaining the quality of the original versions and presenting new business lines that weren’t discussed in our country before.”
Strepitoso esordio per il nuovo game show di Canale 5 The Wall
The US version of The Final Four will premiere in January 2018
Keshet Sells quiz show Contact to Record TV Brasil
Global Agency signs deals for My Wife rules in Latam at Mipcancun
Italia 1 ha lanciato Giù in 60 secondi - Adrenalina ad alta quota
- Rome - 21/11/2017 Endemol Italy scored more than 10 million viewers between Rai 1 and Canale 5: Pubcaster Rai aired a new drama meanwhile Mediased had Big Brother read more
- Rome - 20/11/2017 Canale 5 drama Rosy Abate won the Sunday night slot with 4.4 million viewers: The sequel of Antimafia Squad is leading the prime time slot with the second episode read more
- Milano - 19/11/2017 Canale5 leader of pt slot of Saturday with Tu sì qui vales - 5.5m viewers: Rai1 charity musical event Prodigi recorded 2.5m viewers read more
- Rome - 17/11/2017 Head to head with Rai 1 and Canale 5 prime time's drama on Thursday night: Both broadcast two good drama series one fantasy for Rai 1 and a family saga on Mediaset read more
- Rome - 15/11/2017 Rai 1 drama Back Home recorded 5.7 million viewers on the 1th episode: The series is produced by Casanova Multimedia and Rai Fiction read more
- Rome - 14/11/2017 Italy stunned as Sweden beat Azzurri and reachs World CUP: Rai 1 broadcast the live event with more than 14.000 million viewers tuned on the match read more
- Jerusalem - 21/11/2017 #INTV2018 returns with all-star lineup of Media visionaries for the 5th Edition: The forum will be held in March 12-13 in Jerusalem read more
- Cancun - 15/11/2017 Inter Medya's Money Monster Once Again at Fresh TV in Cancun: Reed Midem's Latin America Event MIPCANCUN began today read more
- Los Angeles - 08/11/2017 Sony Pictures Entertainment CEO Vinciquerra and Soledad O'Brian to keynote: Strong presence of International Executives at the upcoming event in Miami read more
- Istanbul - 30/10/2017 Inter Medya viaggia da est a ovest per esportare le serie turche: Dopo Discop Africa si riparte per Mipcancun read more
- Roma - 25/10/2017 Grande successo per MIA con 1800 partecipanti: Si è conclusa la 5 giorni che ha raccolto professionisti del cinema e della TV a Roma read more
- Roma - 24/10/2017 Serialità e gaming mai cosi vicini: Durante il panel "Creative Emotions " si è parlato dei rapporti molto stretti tra i due generi read more