Canal 13 Chile is on point with Vértigo
Format | Chile | 16/08/2017
Having been on air on Canal 13 for 12 seasons, Vértigo has become a Chilean TV classic, and the format has traveled as well via a handful of international sales.
The live prime-time format sees celebrities from the worlds of entertainment, politics and sports discussing their pasts and relationships with the public, even making some buzzworthy revelations.
“The authenticity of Vértigo lies mainly in the perfect combination of three elements: humor, truth and contingency, which together create the unquestionable hallmark of the format,” says Rodrigo Correa Pohl, content sales manager at Canal 13 Chile. “These three main elements allow us to offer a format that is appealing to any territory. It’s a show capable of adapting to every market that [is looking for] a fresh format. Also, due to all the years the show has been on air, new ways of elimination and participation with the audience have been implemented, which makes it an innovative and pioneering show.”
He adds that Vértigo breaks the conventions of a traditional game-show format with its infusion of glamor, emotions and conversations. Canal 13 Chile will be at MIPCOM looking to shore up further sales on the title, which Correa Pohl is confident can “conquer every market.” The company’s format slate also includes the successful reality show Opposite Worlds (Mundos Opuestos), in which 20 participants—ten being celebrities—live in a house divided by a glass wall that separates it into two distinct parts: one that is outfitted with futuristic amenities and the other that is themed with the scarcity of the past. Correa Pohl describes it as an “extreme reality show where teamwork is essential and the presence of each participant will depend on their performance in every elimination game.” The format has been adapted and aired in Paraguay (RPC), the U.S. (Syfy) and Colombia (RCN).
New from Canal 13 Chile for MIPCOM are Papá Mono and Irreversible. Papá Mono is a scripted comedy about Francisca, a single mother who lives with her son Nico after her husband runs off with another woman. Seeing his mother overburdened with household chores, Nico enlists the help of his grandfather, Caco Martínez, a fun-loving and lazy man who loves parties, women and alcohol but deep down has a big heart. Irreversible, meanwhile, is a series of self-contained episodes that tell the stories of murders inspired by real-life cases.
Correa Pohl notes that Canal 13 Chile has built up a considerable amount of expertise in the last 56-plus years of being in the television business, notably “in the development and creation of original formats.” He also points out that the Chilean broadcaster has successfully adapted a number of high-profile formats from the international market, including The Voice and MasterChef, “always maintaining the quality of the original versions and presenting new business lines that weren’t discussed in our country before.”
- Milano - 17/06/2018 Italia1 won pt slot with World Cup's match Croazia-Nigeria - 4m viewers: NOVE musical event Radio Italia Live - Il Concerto recorded 490.000 viewers read more
- Milano - 16/06/2018 Over 7m viewers for Canale5 with World Cup's match Spagna-Portogallo: Rai1 variety show Ora o Mai Più involved 3.7m viewers read more
- Milano - 15/06/2018 Game show Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 closed with 3.2m viewers: Rai1 rerun drama series Don Matteo recorded 2.9m viewers read more
- Milano - 14/06/2018 Rai1 movie Un matrimonio da favola won pt slot with almost 3m viewers: Rai2 premiered new factual Il Supplente that recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Milano - 13/06/2018 Rai1 musical event WMA 2018 won pt slot with 3.7m viewers: The show is produced by F&P Group and Ballandi Multimedia read more
- Milano - 12/06/2018 Amici 17 on Canale5 closed with 4.8m viewers: The winner of the edition is the singer Irama. read more
- Dubrovnik - 06/06/2018 Agenda of the key media event in CEE region – NEM 2018: NEM's sixth edition, taking place in Dubrovnik from June 11 to 14 read more
- Los Angeles - 25/05/2018 NATPE Budapest Int'l Finds Increase In Buyers Attendance: JP Bommel president and ceo of Natpe commentes the positive trend read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedì 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more