Singer Auction talent-show format to go global
Format | USA/Thailand | 15/08/2017
NBCUniversal International Formats is launching worldwide sales for the talent format Singer Auction, which is co-developed with Thailand’s Zense Entertainment.
NBCUniversal International Formats will introduce Singer Auction to the global market and the format will be part of its MIPCOM slate. Singer Auction is a prime-time entertainment format that gives unknown vocalists the chance to showcase their talents. Each episode sees five celebrities go head-to-head in a bidding war for four singing contestants after being given only two random clues about them and no sense of their vocal ability. The celebrities must decide how much of their allocated funds they are willing to bid to represent each vocalist. After each auction closes, the celebrities get to hear the contestants sing, and the studio audience must cast a vote on the quality of each performance. The celebrities also have a final chance to trade in their singer and bid for another. The singer with the highest audience score wins a cash prize equal to the celebrity bid they received.
The format recently debuted in Thailand. NBCUniversal International Formats will begin worldwide network conversations later this year.
Linfield Ng, the director of NBCUniversal International Formats, commented, “It is great to be partnering with Zense Entertainment. Singer Auction is an innovative new format, which has proven itself to be a ratings smash in Thailand. With high tension and entertainment at its core, the show is the perfect fit for the international prime-time schedule and we have no doubt it will resonate with audiences across the globe.”
Varavuth Jentanakul, the CEO and chairman of Zense Entertainment, added, “We are delighted with the successful co-development of Singer Auction with NBCUniversal International Formats. In Thailand, the format has proven a real success given its unique auction structure and fun-filled bidding wars and I am sure it will become a prime-time hit.”
Rai annuncia che il Teatro delle Vittorie sarà intitolato a Bibi Ballandi
Mediaset talent The Bodyguard Dubai travelling to Discop 2018
Global Agency's The Remiz is on Amazon Premium
Announced US Celebrity Version of Big Brother
Presentato il Cinemino a Milano con la programmazione di film
- Milano - 24/02/2018 Rai1 kids talent show Sanremo Young won pt slot with 4m viewers: The show is the spin-off of Sanremo Festival focused on kids and hosted by Antonella Clerici read more
- Rome - 22/02/2018 Rai 1 comedy series E' arrivata la felicità above the average share: The prime time slot dominated by football Champions read more
- Milano - 21/02/2018 Canale5 celeb reality show Survivor VIP won pt slot with 4.4m viewers: Rai1 premiered new season of drama series È arrivata la felicità 2. read more
- Milano - 20/02/2018 Very good results for TV movie Il Commissario Montalbano - 10.816.000 viewers: Canale5 soap opera Il Segreto recorded 2.5m viewers read more
- Rome - 16/02/2018 Rai 1 comedy series Don Matteo 11 won the slot with 6.6 million viewers: The pubcaster keep being the leader of the prime time schedule read more
- Bologna - 15/02/2018 Unforgettable producer Bibi Ballandi passed away today : He was the king of entertainment, working hard with the most important artists read more
- Paris - 31/01/2018 Massive response to "in developments call for entries" in Cannes: Two days of drama creative forum to be held in 10-11 April read more
- Miami - 21/01/2018 Natpe review by Sara Alessi @Worldescreen: The 2018 edition of NATPE in Miami was a success according to JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 Si apre il #NATPE 2018 a Miami con una fitta agenda di appuntamenti: Oggi inizia ufficialmente il mercato con la presentazione da parte di JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 All'Eden Hotel sono stati presentati i vincitori del Breakthrough : Un lunch evento per premiare I format piu' innovativi read more
- Paris - 11/01/2018 MIPTV announces its first keynote of 2018 - BuzzFeed’s Head of Development Matthew Henick: The leading global television and digital content market, MIPTV takes place in Cannes, France from April 9-12, 2018 read more
- Singapore - 05/12/2017 Asia TV Forum in Singapore closed with deals worth 289 million : The 18th event was a success with 5498 delegates from all over the world read more