Singer Auction talent-show format to go global
Format | USA/Thailand | 15/08/2017
NBCUniversal International Formats is launching worldwide sales for the talent format Singer Auction, which is co-developed with Thailand’s Zense Entertainment.
NBCUniversal International Formats will introduce Singer Auction to the global market and the format will be part of its MIPCOM slate. Singer Auction is a prime-time entertainment format that gives unknown vocalists the chance to showcase their talents. Each episode sees five celebrities go head-to-head in a bidding war for four singing contestants after being given only two random clues about them and no sense of their vocal ability. The celebrities must decide how much of their allocated funds they are willing to bid to represent each vocalist. After each auction closes, the celebrities get to hear the contestants sing, and the studio audience must cast a vote on the quality of each performance. The celebrities also have a final chance to trade in their singer and bid for another. The singer with the highest audience score wins a cash prize equal to the celebrity bid they received.
The format recently debuted in Thailand. NBCUniversal International Formats will begin worldwide network conversations later this year.
Linfield Ng, the director of NBCUniversal International Formats, commented, “It is great to be partnering with Zense Entertainment. Singer Auction is an innovative new format, which has proven itself to be a ratings smash in Thailand. With high tension and entertainment at its core, the show is the perfect fit for the international prime-time schedule and we have no doubt it will resonate with audiences across the globe.”
Varavuth Jentanakul, the CEO and chairman of Zense Entertainment, added, “We are delighted with the successful co-development of Singer Auction with NBCUniversal International Formats. In Thailand, the format has proven a real success given its unique auction structure and fun-filled bidding wars and I am sure it will become a prime-time hit.”
Strepitoso esordio per il nuovo game show di Canale 5 The Wall
The US version of The Final Four will premiere in January 2018
Keshet Sells quiz show Contact to Record TV Brasil
Global Agency signs deals for My Wife rules in Latam at Mipcancun
Italia 1 ha lanciato Giù in 60 secondi - Adrenalina ad alta quota
- Rome - 21/11/2017 Endemol Italy scored more than 10 million viewers between Rai 1 and Canale 5: Pubcaster Rai aired a new drama meanwhile Mediased had Big Brother read more
- Rome - 20/11/2017 Canale 5 drama Rosy Abate won the Sunday night slot with 4.4 million viewers: The sequel of Antimafia Squad is leading the prime time slot with the second episode read more
- Milano - 19/11/2017 Canale5 leader of pt slot of Saturday with Tu sì qui vales - 5.5m viewers: Rai1 charity musical event Prodigi recorded 2.5m viewers read more
- Rome - 17/11/2017 Head to head with Rai 1 and Canale 5 prime time's drama on Thursday night: Both broadcast two good drama series one fantasy for Rai 1 and a family saga on Mediaset read more
- Rome - 15/11/2017 Rai 1 drama Back Home recorded 5.7 million viewers on the 1th episode: The series is produced by Casanova Multimedia and Rai Fiction read more
- Rome - 14/11/2017 Italy stunned as Sweden beat Azzurri and reachs World CUP: Rai 1 broadcast the live event with more than 14.000 million viewers tuned on the match read more
- Jerusalem - 21/11/2017 #INTV2018 returns with all-star lineup of Media visionaries for the 5th Edition: The forum will be held in March 12-13 in Jerusalem read more
- Cancun - 15/11/2017 Inter Medya's Money Monster Once Again at Fresh TV in Cancun: Reed Midem's Latin America Event MIPCANCUN began today read more
- Los Angeles - 08/11/2017 Sony Pictures Entertainment CEO Vinciquerra and Soledad O'Brian to keynote: Strong presence of International Executives at the upcoming event in Miami read more
- Istanbul - 30/10/2017 Inter Medya viaggia da est a ovest per esportare le serie turche: Dopo Discop Africa si riparte per Mipcancun read more
- Roma - 25/10/2017 Grande successo per MIA con 1800 partecipanti: Si è conclusa la 5 giorni che ha raccolto professionisti del cinema e della TV a Roma read more
- Roma - 24/10/2017 Serialità e gaming mai cosi vicini: Durante il panel "Creative Emotions " si è parlato dei rapporti molto stretti tra i due generi read more