Singer Auction talent-show format to go global
Format | USA/Thailand | 15/08/2017
NBCUniversal International Formats is launching worldwide sales for the talent format Singer Auction, which is co-developed with Thailand’s Zense Entertainment.
NBCUniversal International Formats will introduce Singer Auction to the global market and the format will be part of its MIPCOM slate. Singer Auction is a prime-time entertainment format that gives unknown vocalists the chance to showcase their talents. Each episode sees five celebrities go head-to-head in a bidding war for four singing contestants after being given only two random clues about them and no sense of their vocal ability. The celebrities must decide how much of their allocated funds they are willing to bid to represent each vocalist. After each auction closes, the celebrities get to hear the contestants sing, and the studio audience must cast a vote on the quality of each performance. The celebrities also have a final chance to trade in their singer and bid for another. The singer with the highest audience score wins a cash prize equal to the celebrity bid they received.
The format recently debuted in Thailand. NBCUniversal International Formats will begin worldwide network conversations later this year.
Linfield Ng, the director of NBCUniversal International Formats, commented, “It is great to be partnering with Zense Entertainment. Singer Auction is an innovative new format, which has proven itself to be a ratings smash in Thailand. With high tension and entertainment at its core, the show is the perfect fit for the international prime-time schedule and we have no doubt it will resonate with audiences across the globe.”
Varavuth Jentanakul, the CEO and chairman of Zense Entertainment, added, “We are delighted with the successful co-development of Singer Auction with NBCUniversal International Formats. In Thailand, the format has proven a real success given its unique auction structure and fun-filled bidding wars and I am sure it will become a prime-time hit.”
- Milano - 17/06/2018 Italia1 won pt slot with World Cup's match Croazia-Nigeria - 4m viewers: NOVE musical event Radio Italia Live - Il Concerto recorded 490.000 viewers read more
- Milano - 16/06/2018 Over 7m viewers for Canale5 with World Cup's match Spagna-Portogallo: Rai1 variety show Ora o Mai Più involved 3.7m viewers read more
- Milano - 15/06/2018 Game show Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 closed with 3.2m viewers: Rai1 rerun drama series Don Matteo recorded 2.9m viewers read more
- Milano - 14/06/2018 Rai1 movie Un matrimonio da favola won pt slot with almost 3m viewers: Rai2 premiered new factual Il Supplente that recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Milano - 13/06/2018 Rai1 musical event WMA 2018 won pt slot with 3.7m viewers: The show is produced by F&P Group and Ballandi Multimedia read more
- Milano - 12/06/2018 Amici 17 on Canale5 closed with 4.8m viewers: The winner of the edition is the singer Irama. read more
- Dubrovnik - 06/06/2018 Agenda of the key media event in CEE region – NEM 2018: NEM's sixth edition, taking place in Dubrovnik from June 11 to 14 read more
- Los Angeles - 25/05/2018 NATPE Budapest Int'l Finds Increase In Buyers Attendance: JP Bommel president and ceo of Natpe commentes the positive trend read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedì 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more