Eccho Rights closes deal in Mexico for Ay Yapim dramas
Scripted Format | Stockholm | 10/08/2017
Imagen Televisión in Mexico premiered Brave And Beautiful on 8th August, having concluded a deal with international distributor Eccho Rights for the star studded Turkish Drama from producers Ay Yapim. Additionally the broadcaster have acquired Insider, another huge hit for Ay Yapim from the past year, to air in Mexico later in 2017.
Following a successful run on Star TV during 2016-17, Brave And Beautiful has been the subject of a number of highly competitive bidding wars in the international market, with the huge worldwide following of its lead actors Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ and Tuba Büyüküstün acting as a catalyst. In Mexico the series is titled Cezür (for Tatlıtuğ’s character), and will broadcast daily in the 6pm slot.
Meanwhile Insider has piqued international buyers’ interests with phenomenal performance in Turkey, where the show was an unprecedented success for channel Show TV and obtained record breaking viewing figures online. This success continues on Mega in Chile where the series debuted last month with very strong ratings.
“These Ay Yapim series were among the most anticipated launches in Eccho Rights’ history, and the amazing quality of production, and audience reactions have more than justified that anticipation,” says Fredrik af Malmborg, Managing Director at Eccho Rights.
“The reception in Latam has been overwhelmingly positive for these series and interest continues to be high across the territory,” says Eccho’s Head of Latin America, Barbora Susterova. “With Insider already performing so well in Chile, the success looks likely to keep growing.”
Brave And Beautiful is a romance set against a deep, historical family feud that calls in to question Cesur’s (Tatlıtuğ) motives when he appears as a heroic stranger to save Sühan (Büyüküstün) when her life is in danger.
Insider sees two estranged brothers as moles on opposite sides of the law, each trying to uncover the other’s identity, unaware of their shared personal history. Insider stars Çağatay Ulusoy and Aras Bulut İynemli.
- Milano - 24/02/2018 Rai1 kids talent show Sanremo Young won pt slot with 4m viewers: The show is the spin-off of Sanremo Festival focused on kids and hosted by Antonella Clerici read more
- Rome - 22/02/2018 Rai 1 comedy series E' arrivata la felicità above the average share: The prime time slot dominated by football Champions read more
- Milano - 21/02/2018 Canale5 celeb reality show Survivor VIP won pt slot with 4.4m viewers: Rai1 premiered new season of drama series È arrivata la felicità 2. read more
- Milano - 20/02/2018 Very good results for TV movie Il Commissario Montalbano - 10.816.000 viewers: Canale5 soap opera Il Segreto recorded 2.5m viewers read more
- Rome - 16/02/2018 Rai 1 comedy series Don Matteo 11 won the slot with 6.6 million viewers: The pubcaster keep being the leader of the prime time schedule read more
- Bologna - 15/02/2018 Unforgettable producer Bibi Ballandi passed away today : He was the king of entertainment, working hard with the most important artists read more
- Paris - 31/01/2018 Massive response to "in developments call for entries" in Cannes: Two days of drama creative forum to be held in 10-11 April read more
- Miami - 21/01/2018 Natpe review by Sara Alessi @Worldescreen: The 2018 edition of NATPE in Miami was a success according to JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 Si apre il #NATPE 2018 a Miami con una fitta agenda di appuntamenti: Oggi inizia ufficialmente il mercato con la presentazione da parte di JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 All'Eden Hotel sono stati presentati i vincitori del Breakthrough : Un lunch evento per premiare I format piu' innovativi read more
- Paris - 11/01/2018 MIPTV announces its first keynote of 2018 - BuzzFeed’s Head of Development Matthew Henick: The leading global television and digital content market, MIPTV takes place in Cannes, France from April 9-12, 2018 read more
- Singapore - 05/12/2017 Asia TV Forum in Singapore closed with deals worth 289 million : The 18th event was a success with 5498 delegates from all over the world read more