Harlots renewed for a second season by Hulu
Scripted Format | Australia | 28/07/2017
The drama Harlots, set against the backdrop of 18th century Georgian London, has been renewed for a second season by Hulu, and the series has landed new broadcast deals in Australia and New Zealand.
Inspired by the stories of real women, Harlots follows the Wells family, led by matriarch Margaret (Samantha Morton), who struggles to reconcile her roles as mother and brothel owner. In a new round of deals secured by ITV Studios Global Entertainment (ITVS GE), the period drama has been picked up in Australia by SBS for its SBS Viceland and On Demand channels, and by Lightbox in New Zealand.
ITVS GE also licensed Spin and Beautiful Loser to SBS. Fearless has been sold to ABC in Australia, which has also acquired Prime Suspect: Tennison and Poldark.
Elsewhere in Australia, NBCU scooped up Vera season seven for 13th Street and FIC took Aquarius for FX, while a deal has been secured with BBC Worldwide Australia for Victoria, The Moorside and Mum to air on BBC First.
In New Zealand, Lightbox scored the rights to a number of other shows, including the territory premiere of Loch Ness, Angelby, Jordskott season two and Mum season two, and second windows for Aber Bergan, Lost in Austin and Midwinter of the Spirit. TVNZ also signed up for the territory premiere of Prime Suspect: Tennison, as well as Victoria and Cold Feet. SKY went for a drama package that includes Vera, Dr. Blake, Endeavour and Shetland for its Vibe channel. Also, Little Boy Blue, Aber Bergan and Tina and Bobby were sold to Rialto.
In Japan, NHK will be airing Victoria, while IMAGICA TV acquired Prime Suspect: Tennison and Dr. Blake to air as part of the ITV Collection slot.
- Milano - 24/02/2018 Rai1 kids talent show Sanremo Young won pt slot with 4m viewers: The show is the spin-off of Sanremo Festival focused on kids and hosted by Antonella Clerici read more
- Rome - 22/02/2018 Rai 1 comedy series E' arrivata la felicità above the average share: The prime time slot dominated by football Champions read more
- Milano - 21/02/2018 Canale5 celeb reality show Survivor VIP won pt slot with 4.4m viewers: Rai1 premiered new season of drama series È arrivata la felicità 2. read more
- Milano - 20/02/2018 Very good results for TV movie Il Commissario Montalbano - 10.816.000 viewers: Canale5 soap opera Il Segreto recorded 2.5m viewers read more
- Rome - 16/02/2018 Rai 1 comedy series Don Matteo 11 won the slot with 6.6 million viewers: The pubcaster keep being the leader of the prime time schedule read more
- Bologna - 15/02/2018 Unforgettable producer Bibi Ballandi passed away today : He was the king of entertainment, working hard with the most important artists read more
- Paris - 31/01/2018 Massive response to "in developments call for entries" in Cannes: Two days of drama creative forum to be held in 10-11 April read more
- Miami - 21/01/2018 Natpe review by Sara Alessi @Worldescreen: The 2018 edition of NATPE in Miami was a success according to JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 Si apre il #NATPE 2018 a Miami con una fitta agenda di appuntamenti: Oggi inizia ufficialmente il mercato con la presentazione da parte di JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 All'Eden Hotel sono stati presentati i vincitori del Breakthrough : Un lunch evento per premiare I format piu' innovativi read more
- Paris - 11/01/2018 MIPTV announces its first keynote of 2018 - BuzzFeed’s Head of Development Matthew Henick: The leading global television and digital content market, MIPTV takes place in Cannes, France from April 9-12, 2018 read more
- Singapore - 05/12/2017 Asia TV Forum in Singapore closed with deals worth 289 million : The 18th event was a success with 5498 delegates from all over the world read more