Harlots renewed for a second season by Hulu
Scripted Format | Australia | 28/07/2017
The drama Harlots, set against the backdrop of 18th century Georgian London, has been renewed for a second season by Hulu, and the series has landed new broadcast deals in Australia and New Zealand.
Inspired by the stories of real women, Harlots follows the Wells family, led by matriarch Margaret (Samantha Morton), who struggles to reconcile her roles as mother and brothel owner. In a new round of deals secured by ITV Studios Global Entertainment (ITVS GE), the period drama has been picked up in Australia by SBS for its SBS Viceland and On Demand channels, and by Lightbox in New Zealand.
ITVS GE also licensed Spin and Beautiful Loser to SBS. Fearless has been sold to ABC in Australia, which has also acquired Prime Suspect: Tennison and Poldark.
Elsewhere in Australia, NBCU scooped up Vera season seven for 13th Street and FIC took Aquarius for FX, while a deal has been secured with BBC Worldwide Australia for Victoria, The Moorside and Mum to air on BBC First.
In New Zealand, Lightbox scored the rights to a number of other shows, including the territory premiere of Loch Ness, Angelby, Jordskott season two and Mum season two, and second windows for Aber Bergan, Lost in Austin and Midwinter of the Spirit. TVNZ also signed up for the territory premiere of Prime Suspect: Tennison, as well as Victoria and Cold Feet. SKY went for a drama package that includes Vera, Dr. Blake, Endeavour and Shetland for its Vibe channel. Also, Little Boy Blue, Aber Bergan and Tina and Bobby were sold to Rialto.
In Japan, NHK will be airing Victoria, while IMAGICA TV acquired Prime Suspect: Tennison and Dr. Blake to air as part of the ITV Collection slot.
Endless Love takes an Emmy Home to Turkey at the Emmy Awards in NY
Sky Arte HD presenta il film documentario Rodin-Divino Inferno
Eccho Rights signs up Star India’s latest drama
Canale 5 leader assoluto con la prima puntata di Rosy Abate
Inter Medya presenta una nuova serie Broken Wings al MIPCANCUN
- Rome - 21/11/2017 Endemol Italy scored more than 10 million viewers between Rai 1 and Canale 5: Pubcaster Rai aired a new drama meanwhile Mediased had Big Brother read more
- Rome - 20/11/2017 Canale 5 drama Rosy Abate won the Sunday night slot with 4.4 million viewers: The sequel of Antimafia Squad is leading the prime time slot with the second episode read more
- Milano - 19/11/2017 Canale5 leader of pt slot of Saturday with Tu sì qui vales - 5.5m viewers: Rai1 charity musical event Prodigi recorded 2.5m viewers read more
- Rome - 17/11/2017 Head to head with Rai 1 and Canale 5 prime time's drama on Thursday night: Both broadcast two good drama series one fantasy for Rai 1 and a family saga on Mediaset read more
- Rome - 15/11/2017 Rai 1 drama Back Home recorded 5.7 million viewers on the 1th episode: The series is produced by Casanova Multimedia and Rai Fiction read more
- Rome - 14/11/2017 Italy stunned as Sweden beat Azzurri and reachs World CUP: Rai 1 broadcast the live event with more than 14.000 million viewers tuned on the match read more
- Jerusalem - 21/11/2017 #INTV2018 returns with all-star lineup of Media visionaries for the 5th Edition: The forum will be held in March 12-13 in Jerusalem read more
- Cancun - 15/11/2017 Inter Medya's Money Monster Once Again at Fresh TV in Cancun: Reed Midem's Latin America Event MIPCANCUN began today read more
- Los Angeles - 08/11/2017 Sony Pictures Entertainment CEO Vinciquerra and Soledad O'Brian to keynote: Strong presence of International Executives at the upcoming event in Miami read more
- Istanbul - 30/10/2017 Inter Medya viaggia da est a ovest per esportare le serie turche: Dopo Discop Africa si riparte per Mipcancun read more
- Roma - 25/10/2017 Grande successo per MIA con 1800 partecipanti: Si è conclusa la 5 giorni che ha raccolto professionisti del cinema e della TV a Roma read more
- Roma - 24/10/2017 Serialità e gaming mai cosi vicini: Durante il panel "Creative Emotions " si è parlato dei rapporti molto stretti tra i due generi read more