Turkish series HAYAT is overtaking India
Scripted Format | Istanbul | 11/07/2017
Sold internationally by Inter Medya, one of Turkey’s most established distribution companies, HAYAT a dramedy portraying the passionate love between a young woman filled with joy and energy named Hayat and a handsome and perfectionist businessman called Murat, has gained great attention from viewers all over India. In fact, Nisha, a blogger and strong contributor on Turkish TV series, recently announced that both the series and its actors have become extremely popular on YouTube and other social media platforms.
Though the series has not yet been officially broadcast, over 20 million viewers have been tracking HAYAT through subtitled and dubbed clips on YouTube and Facebook. Fans have even asked Bollywood production companies to create an Indian adaptation of the series.
The popularity of HAYAT certainly stems from the powerful and harmonious relationship between the series’ characters, their attractive personalities and good looks as well as the close resemblance between the Turkish and Indian cultures. HAYAT is not only popular among younger crowds but pleases a wide audience between the ages of 7 and 80.
In recent years, Indian viewers have been complaining that Indian series are too long and monotonous. They have started to lose interest in local productions and turned to Turkish content. Not only do they get to watch new characters, they also get to experience Turkey and its various lifestyles.
As expected, HAYAT has already attracted a huge number of viewers, which will only increase once the series is launched. Its success will certainly open up a brand new market for Turkish television content in the near future.
Endless Love takes an Emmy Home to Turkey at the Emmy Awards in NY
Sky Arte HD presenta il film documentario Rodin-Divino Inferno
Eccho Rights signs up Star India’s latest drama
Canale 5 leader assoluto con la prima puntata di Rosy Abate
Inter Medya presenta una nuova serie Broken Wings al MIPCANCUN
- Rome - 21/11/2017 Endemol Italy scored more than 10 million viewers between Rai 1 and Canale 5: Pubcaster Rai aired a new drama meanwhile Mediased had Big Brother read more
- Rome - 20/11/2017 Canale 5 drama Rosy Abate won the Sunday night slot with 4.4 million viewers: The sequel of Antimafia Squad is leading the prime time slot with the second episode read more
- Milano - 19/11/2017 Canale5 leader of pt slot of Saturday with Tu sì qui vales - 5.5m viewers: Rai1 charity musical event Prodigi recorded 2.5m viewers read more
- Rome - 17/11/2017 Head to head with Rai 1 and Canale 5 prime time's drama on Thursday night: Both broadcast two good drama series one fantasy for Rai 1 and a family saga on Mediaset read more
- Rome - 15/11/2017 Rai 1 drama Back Home recorded 5.7 million viewers on the 1th episode: The series is produced by Casanova Multimedia and Rai Fiction read more
- Rome - 14/11/2017 Italy stunned as Sweden beat Azzurri and reachs World CUP: Rai 1 broadcast the live event with more than 14.000 million viewers tuned on the match read more
- Jerusalem - 21/11/2017 #INTV2018 returns with all-star lineup of Media visionaries for the 5th Edition: The forum will be held in March 12-13 in Jerusalem read more
- Cancun - 15/11/2017 Inter Medya's Money Monster Once Again at Fresh TV in Cancun: Reed Midem's Latin America Event MIPCANCUN began today read more
- Los Angeles - 08/11/2017 Sony Pictures Entertainment CEO Vinciquerra and Soledad O'Brian to keynote: Strong presence of International Executives at the upcoming event in Miami read more
- Istanbul - 30/10/2017 Inter Medya viaggia da est a ovest per esportare le serie turche: Dopo Discop Africa si riparte per Mipcancun read more
- Roma - 25/10/2017 Grande successo per MIA con 1800 partecipanti: Si è conclusa la 5 giorni che ha raccolto professionisti del cinema e della TV a Roma read more
- Roma - 24/10/2017 Serialità e gaming mai cosi vicini: Durante il panel "Creative Emotions " si è parlato dei rapporti molto stretti tra i due generi read more