Turkish series HAYAT is overtaking India
Scripted Format | Istanbul | 11/07/2017
Sold internationally by Inter Medya, one of Turkey’s most established distribution companies, HAYAT a dramedy portraying the passionate love between a young woman filled with joy and energy named Hayat and a handsome and perfectionist businessman called Murat, has gained great attention from viewers all over India. In fact, Nisha, a blogger and strong contributor on Turkish TV series, recently announced that both the series and its actors have become extremely popular on YouTube and other social media platforms.
Though the series has not yet been officially broadcast, over 20 million viewers have been tracking HAYAT through subtitled and dubbed clips on YouTube and Facebook. Fans have even asked Bollywood production companies to create an Indian adaptation of the series.
The popularity of HAYAT certainly stems from the powerful and harmonious relationship between the series’ characters, their attractive personalities and good looks as well as the close resemblance between the Turkish and Indian cultures. HAYAT is not only popular among younger crowds but pleases a wide audience between the ages of 7 and 80.
In recent years, Indian viewers have been complaining that Indian series are too long and monotonous. They have started to lose interest in local productions and turned to Turkish content. Not only do they get to watch new characters, they also get to experience Turkey and its various lifestyles.
As expected, HAYAT has already attracted a huge number of viewers, which will only increase once the series is launched. Its success will certainly open up a brand new market for Turkish television content in the near future.
- Rome - 21/06/2018 Iran-Spain football match achieved more than 5 million viewers on Italia 1: Period drama Love and Sacrifice recorded 1.5 million viewers on Canale 5 read more
- Rome - 20/06/2018 Period drama series Love and Sacrifice 2 on air tonight by Canale 5: The ready-made is distributed by Mediaset Distribution read more
- Milano - 19/06/2018 Canale5 won pt slot with football match of WC2018 Tunisia-Inghilterra - 6.2m viewers: Rai1 premiered new season of family drama Tutto può succedere that recorded 3.2m viewers read more
- Milano - 17/06/2018 Italia1 won pt slot with World Cup's match Croazia-Nigeria - 4m viewers: NOVE musical event Radio Italia Live - Il Concerto recorded 490.000 viewers read more
- Milano - 16/06/2018 Over 7m viewers for Canale5 with World Cup's match Spagna-Portogallo: Rai1 variety show Ora o Mai Più involved 3.7m viewers read more
- Milano - 15/06/2018 Game show Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 closed with 3.2m viewers: Rai1 rerun drama series Don Matteo recorded 2.9m viewers read more
- Zagreb - 21/06/2018 Nem 2018 broke previous records with the hightest attendance so fare: The event has been a success with new business opportunities read more
- Los Angeles - 21/06/2018 Manuela Caputi is one of the judge at the Pitch & Play live event in Budapest: CEETV and NATPE are proud to announce the three finalists for the third edition read more
- Montecarlo - 20/06/2018 Announced the winner of the 58th festival de Television de Monte-Carlo: The big event held in Jund 15-19 in the South of France read more
- Giffoni - 20/06/2018 Giffoni Experience si accorda con Topolino per la 48 edizione del festival: Ruolo culturale con l'obiettivo di raccontare la manifestazione read more
- Roma - 19/06/2018 Annunciati i vincitori del concorso ProFormat da Anart, Siae, Unisob: La proclamazione attesa per il 26 giungo nella suggestiva cornice di Napoli read more
- Dubrovnik - 06/06/2018 Agenda of the key media event in CEE region – NEM 2018: NEM's sixth edition, taking place in Dubrovnik from June 11 to 14 read more