Turkish series HAYAT is overtaking India
Scripted Format | Istanbul | 11/07/2017
Sold internationally by Inter Medya, one of Turkey’s most established distribution companies, HAYAT a dramedy portraying the passionate love between a young woman filled with joy and energy named Hayat and a handsome and perfectionist businessman called Murat, has gained great attention from viewers all over India. In fact, Nisha, a blogger and strong contributor on Turkish TV series, recently announced that both the series and its actors have become extremely popular on YouTube and other social media platforms.
Though the series has not yet been officially broadcast, over 20 million viewers have been tracking HAYAT through subtitled and dubbed clips on YouTube and Facebook. Fans have even asked Bollywood production companies to create an Indian adaptation of the series.
The popularity of HAYAT certainly stems from the powerful and harmonious relationship between the series’ characters, their attractive personalities and good looks as well as the close resemblance between the Turkish and Indian cultures. HAYAT is not only popular among younger crowds but pleases a wide audience between the ages of 7 and 80.
In recent years, Indian viewers have been complaining that Indian series are too long and monotonous. They have started to lose interest in local productions and turned to Turkish content. Not only do they get to watch new characters, they also get to experience Turkey and its various lifestyles.
As expected, HAYAT has already attracted a huge number of viewers, which will only increase once the series is launched. Its success will certainly open up a brand new market for Turkish television content in the near future.
- Milano - 26/04/2018 Canale5 football match Bayern – Real Madrid won pt slot with 6.1m viewers: Rai1 movie Amiche da morire recorded 3.1m viewers read more
- Milano - 23/04/2018 Rai1 talk show Che Tempo Che Fa won pt slot with 3.4m viewers: Special episode of game show The Wall on Canale5 recorded 2.3m viewers read more
- Rome - 22/04/2018 La Corrida leader on Friday Night with 5 million viewers: The popular show is presented by Carlo Conti read more
- Milano - 22/04/2018 Talent show Amici on Canale5 won pt slot with almost 3.8m viewers: Ballando con le stelle on Rai1 recorded 3.5m viewers read more
- Milano - 20/04/2018 Rai1 drama series Don Matteo 11 closed with 30.19% of share : The Voice of Italy 2018 on Rai2 recorded 1.8m viewers read more
- Milano - 19/04/2018 Rai1 movie Nemiche per la pelle won pt slot with 3.5m viewers: Drama series The Hunter on Rai 2 closed with 1.6m viewers read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 The Treehouse Stories, Emmy® Kids Awards 2018 Winner: Produced by Dandeloo in association with Carbonara Production. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 International Emmy Kids Award Winners Unveiled in Cannes: The sixth annual event were presented in partnership with Reed MIDEM read more
- Cannes - 10/04/2018 Miptv 2018: fresh tv session about kids live action by Virginia Mouseler: Find Me in Paris, Sara & Marti, Baseboys, ecc. read more
- Cannes - 10/04/2018 Inter Medya signs a package deal in the US: they have closed a package of 6 Turkish feature films. read more