Turkish series HAYAT is overtaking India
Scripted Format | Istanbul | 11/07/2017
Sold internationally by Inter Medya, one of Turkey’s most established distribution companies, HAYAT a dramedy portraying the passionate love between a young woman filled with joy and energy named Hayat and a handsome and perfectionist businessman called Murat, has gained great attention from viewers all over India. In fact, Nisha, a blogger and strong contributor on Turkish TV series, recently announced that both the series and its actors have become extremely popular on YouTube and other social media platforms.
Though the series has not yet been officially broadcast, over 20 million viewers have been tracking HAYAT through subtitled and dubbed clips on YouTube and Facebook. Fans have even asked Bollywood production companies to create an Indian adaptation of the series.
The popularity of HAYAT certainly stems from the powerful and harmonious relationship between the series’ characters, their attractive personalities and good looks as well as the close resemblance between the Turkish and Indian cultures. HAYAT is not only popular among younger crowds but pleases a wide audience between the ages of 7 and 80.
In recent years, Indian viewers have been complaining that Indian series are too long and monotonous. They have started to lose interest in local productions and turned to Turkish content. Not only do they get to watch new characters, they also get to experience Turkey and its various lifestyles.
As expected, HAYAT has already attracted a huge number of viewers, which will only increase once the series is launched. Its success will certainly open up a brand new market for Turkish television content in the near future.
- Milano - 24/02/2018 Rai1 kids talent show Sanremo Young won pt slot with 4m viewers: The show is the spin-off of Sanremo Festival focused on kids and hosted by Antonella Clerici read more
- Rome - 22/02/2018 Rai 1 comedy series E' arrivata la felicità above the average share: The prime time slot dominated by football Champions read more
- Milano - 21/02/2018 Canale5 celeb reality show Survivor VIP won pt slot with 4.4m viewers: Rai1 premiered new season of drama series È arrivata la felicità 2. read more
- Milano - 20/02/2018 Very good results for TV movie Il Commissario Montalbano - 10.816.000 viewers: Canale5 soap opera Il Segreto recorded 2.5m viewers read more
- Rome - 16/02/2018 Rai 1 comedy series Don Matteo 11 won the slot with 6.6 million viewers: The pubcaster keep being the leader of the prime time schedule read more
- Bologna - 15/02/2018 Unforgettable producer Bibi Ballandi passed away today : He was the king of entertainment, working hard with the most important artists read more
- Paris - 31/01/2018 Massive response to "in developments call for entries" in Cannes: Two days of drama creative forum to be held in 10-11 April read more
- Miami - 21/01/2018 Natpe review by Sara Alessi @Worldescreen: The 2018 edition of NATPE in Miami was a success according to JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 Si apre il #NATPE 2018 a Miami con una fitta agenda di appuntamenti: Oggi inizia ufficialmente il mercato con la presentazione da parte di JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 All'Eden Hotel sono stati presentati i vincitori del Breakthrough : Un lunch evento per premiare I format piu' innovativi read more
- Paris - 11/01/2018 MIPTV announces its first keynote of 2018 - BuzzFeed’s Head of Development Matthew Henick: The leading global television and digital content market, MIPTV takes place in Cannes, France from April 9-12, 2018 read more
- Singapore - 05/12/2017 Asia TV Forum in Singapore closed with deals worth 289 million : The 18th event was a success with 5498 delegates from all over the world read more