Insider enjoys strong Latin American start
Scripted Format | Stockholm | 04/07/2017
Insider (Icerde), the Turkish Drama from producers Ay Yapim, has debuted with stunning results on Mega in Chile.
The series went on air of Tuesday last week, scoring 19,5% rating for the first episode, with audience share at over 30%.
“The international success of Insider is no surprise,” says Barbora Susterova, head of Latin America at distributor Eccho Rights. “Ay Yapim is a production house that is highly respected throughout the world, and the actors have become household names, particularly in South America.”
Mega was the first channel to bring Turkish Drama to Latin America, and has enjoyed a string of ratings hits over the past few years, with various viewing records broken by series such as Ezel, Karadayi, Fatmagul and Medcezir.
“At Mega, we are so excited to have Insider on air. Our fans have waited a long time for this as they follow closely all the new series from Turkey. The audience numbers for the first episodes reflect this excitement,” says Juan Ignacio Vicente, Director of Content and International Business at Mega.
In Turkey, Insider finished its original run on Show TV two weeks ago, concluding a sensational run. Over the course of the season the series scored an average rating of 9% and a share of over 20% in a keenly contested Monday evening slot. Online, the first episode of Insider is the most watched episode of any Turkish Drama on Youtube, with 11,5 million views.
Insider is the story of two brothers separated as young children, who grow up to be moles acting on opposite sides of the law, each trying to catch the other before their personal lives catch up with them.
- Milano - 23/04/2018 Rai1 talk show Che Tempo Che Fa won pt slot with 3.4m viewers: Special episode of game show The Wall on Canale5 recorded 2.3m viewers read more
- Rome - 22/04/2018 La Corrida leader on Friday Night with 5 million viewers: The popular show is presented by Carlo Conti read more
- Milano - 22/04/2018 Talent show Amici on Canale5 won pt slot with almost 3.8m viewers: Ballando con le stelle on Rai1 recorded 3.5m viewers read more
- Milano - 20/04/2018 Rai1 drama series Don Matteo 11 closed with 30.19% of share : The Voice of Italy 2018 on Rai2 recorded 1.8m viewers read more
- Milano - 19/04/2018 Rai1 movie Nemiche per la pelle won pt slot with 3.5m viewers: Drama series The Hunter on Rai 2 closed with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 19/04/2018 Rai 2 drama series Il Cacciatore got a very good result in the last episode: The series officially premiered last week during CanneSeries event in Cannes read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 The Treehouse Stories, Emmy® Kids Awards 2018 Winner: Produced by Dandeloo in association with Carbonara Production. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 International Emmy Kids Award Winners Unveiled in Cannes: The sixth annual event were presented in partnership with Reed MIDEM read more
- Cannes - 10/04/2018 Miptv 2018: fresh tv session about kids live action by Virginia Mouseler: Find Me in Paris, Sara & Marti, Baseboys, ecc. read more
- Cannes - 10/04/2018 Inter Medya signs a package deal in the US: they have closed a package of 6 Turkish feature films. read more