Insider enjoys strong Latin American start
Scripted Format | Stockholm | 04/07/2017
Insider (Icerde), the Turkish Drama from producers Ay Yapim, has debuted with stunning results on Mega in Chile.
The series went on air of Tuesday last week, scoring 19,5% rating for the first episode, with audience share at over 30%.
“The international success of Insider is no surprise,” says Barbora Susterova, head of Latin America at distributor Eccho Rights. “Ay Yapim is a production house that is highly respected throughout the world, and the actors have become household names, particularly in South America.”
Mega was the first channel to bring Turkish Drama to Latin America, and has enjoyed a string of ratings hits over the past few years, with various viewing records broken by series such as Ezel, Karadayi, Fatmagul and Medcezir.
“At Mega, we are so excited to have Insider on air. Our fans have waited a long time for this as they follow closely all the new series from Turkey. The audience numbers for the first episodes reflect this excitement,” says Juan Ignacio Vicente, Director of Content and International Business at Mega.
In Turkey, Insider finished its original run on Show TV two weeks ago, concluding a sensational run. Over the course of the season the series scored an average rating of 9% and a share of over 20% in a keenly contested Monday evening slot. Online, the first episode of Insider is the most watched episode of any Turkish Drama on Youtube, with 11,5 million views.
Insider is the story of two brothers separated as young children, who grow up to be moles acting on opposite sides of the law, each trying to catch the other before their personal lives catch up with them.
- Milano - 17/06/2018 Italia1 won pt slot with World Cup's match Croazia-Nigeria - 4m viewers: NOVE musical event Radio Italia Live - Il Concerto recorded 490.000 viewers read more
- Milano - 16/06/2018 Over 7m viewers for Canale5 with World Cup's match Spagna-Portogallo: Rai1 variety show Ora o Mai Più involved 3.7m viewers read more
- Milano - 15/06/2018 Game show Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 closed with 3.2m viewers: Rai1 rerun drama series Don Matteo recorded 2.9m viewers read more
- Milano - 14/06/2018 Rai1 movie Un matrimonio da favola won pt slot with almost 3m viewers: Rai2 premiered new factual Il Supplente that recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Milano - 13/06/2018 Rai1 musical event WMA 2018 won pt slot with 3.7m viewers: The show is produced by F&P Group and Ballandi Multimedia read more
- Milano - 12/06/2018 Amici 17 on Canale5 closed with 4.8m viewers: The winner of the edition is the singer Irama. read more
- Dubrovnik - 06/06/2018 Agenda of the key media event in CEE region – NEM 2018: NEM's sixth edition, taking place in Dubrovnik from June 11 to 14 read more
- Los Angeles - 25/05/2018 NATPE Budapest Int'l Finds Increase In Buyers Attendance: JP Bommel president and ceo of Natpe commentes the positive trend read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedì 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more