Remarkable to produce celebrity quiz show for BBC Two
Format | Milano | 22/06/2017
The BBC has commissioned Remarkable Television to produce the new celebrity teatime quiz show Richard Osman’s House of Games.
The 15×30-minute show will see celebrities test themselves in a series of fast-paced rounds of knowledge-based games selected by Osman. The host will cross-examine the celebrities as they attempt to show off their quiz skills. Each episode will end with a quick-fire round that will decide the daily winner, with the week’s champion being crowned on Friday.
Dan McGolpin, BBC’s controller of programming and daytime, said, “Not only does Richard Osman know everything, he can also twist and re-shape that knowledge for fun. In the show, challengers will need to prove themselves worthy as he tests their mental prowess like it’s never been tested before.”
Osman added, “The show is going to be great fun. Lots of great rounds, lots of competitive celebs, lots of surprises, and, most importantly, so much to play along with at home.”
Richard Hague, the head of entertainment at Remarkable Television, commented, “Richard Osman’s House of Games is a unique collection of innovative, clever play-along trivia rounds. In the very capable hands of Richard, each game is a proper test of knowledge and with a returning cast of celebrity contestants building warmth and camaraderie throughout the week, this entertaining new format is the ultimate feel-good quiz for BBC Two.”
The format was developed by Remarkable Television’s in-house creative team. Executive producers for Remarkable are Hague and Tamara Gilder.
- Milano - 17/06/2018 Italia1 won pt slot with World Cup's match Croazia-Nigeria - 4m viewers: NOVE musical event Radio Italia Live - Il Concerto recorded 490.000 viewers read more
- Milano - 16/06/2018 Over 7m viewers for Canale5 with World Cup's match Spagna-Portogallo: Rai1 variety show Ora o Mai Più involved 3.7m viewers read more
- Milano - 15/06/2018 Game show Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 closed with 3.2m viewers: Rai1 rerun drama series Don Matteo recorded 2.9m viewers read more
- Milano - 14/06/2018 Rai1 movie Un matrimonio da favola won pt slot with almost 3m viewers: Rai2 premiered new factual Il Supplente that recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Milano - 13/06/2018 Rai1 musical event WMA 2018 won pt slot with 3.7m viewers: The show is produced by F&P Group and Ballandi Multimedia read more
- Milano - 12/06/2018 Amici 17 on Canale5 closed with 4.8m viewers: The winner of the edition is the singer Irama. read more
- Dubrovnik - 06/06/2018 Agenda of the key media event in CEE region – NEM 2018: NEM's sixth edition, taking place in Dubrovnik from June 11 to 14 read more
- Los Angeles - 25/05/2018 NATPE Budapest Int'l Finds Increase In Buyers Attendance: JP Bommel president and ceo of Natpe commentes the positive trend read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedì 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more