Mediaset Distribution launches Donnavventura spin-offs in Budapest
Format | Milano | 22/06/2017
At a press gathering today at NATPE Budapest, Mediaset Distribution presented two brand-new spin-offs for the long-running Italian series Donnavventura, both of which feature a competition at their core.
“I am very excited to present these formats because Donnavventura has been a popular and familiar brand for Mediaset networks for many years,” said Manuela Caputi, the head of Mediaset Distribution. “We have been producing Donnavventura for 28 years. It is more than a proven format.”
Caputi said that the original Donnavventura has wide appeal. “We select smart, good-looking, dynamic women, which appeals to every audience. We take them to very amazing, exotic and wonderful places around the world.” The reality adventure show is offered as a finished series and as a format.
To meet the needs of the international market, however, the producers decided to infuse a competition element. Donnavventura Challenge features an all-female team, who embark on an exotic journey with the aim of winning a job at a prestigious magazine. In each episode someone is voted off by the TV audience. Master Adventure, meanwhile, features both male and female teams. The shows are being offered as
Caputi pointed out that there are plenty of opportunities for sponsorships that come along with the format. “It has also been an incredible way to give value to every location that we visit. It’s a beautiful way for the location to [showcase] their natural beauty.”
As for why the company chose NATPE Budapest as a launching pad for the two formats, Caputi told World Screen Newsflash: “The first request we had regarding this format was from Greece and we thought it could really work. From there, we started developing these spin-offs. We were aiming at [the Central and Eastern European] market. Our dearest and most faithful clients are in this market. For us, it was very important to pitch this great production to our closest clients and friends. We felt very confident that we could talk to channels that we have been cooperating with for so many years mainly regarding fiction, but now for this project. It was absolutely the right bet because we have already secured interest from different territories.”
Caputi added that Mediaset Distribution has proposed some cost solutions for smaller countries working with lower budgets to be able to adapt the shows. One would be to localize only the casting and training in a country, but have that local group come along on the travel and adventures of the Italian cast. “They could take advantage of the know-how and the costs,” she said.
Another idea would be to have groups from different countries competing against each other in the same show. “That could also make it more interesting!” Caputi said.
Doppio appuntamento con Pechino Express-Verso il Sol Levante su Rai 2
La serie Handmade's Tale trionfa agli Emmy di NY
Sky Arte HD lancia Definizioni d'Autore ogni lunedì alle 21.10
Comedy Central’s Roast Battle set for UK Treatment
Torna il talent show X-Factor prodotto da Fremantle Media Italia
- Milano - 18/09/2017 Rai1 rerun drama series Un passo dal cielo 3 won pt slot with 3m viewers: Canale movie Benvenuti al Nord recorded 2.5m viewers read more
- Milano - 17/09/2017 Good debut for Rai1 one woman show 1, 2, 3... Fiorella! that won pt slot with 3.9m: Canale5 entertainment show Ciao Darwin 7 recorded 2.1m viewers read more
- Milano - 16/09/2017 Rai1 musical event Andrea Bocelli Show won pt slot with 3.9m viewers: RealTime cooking talent show Bake Off Italia recorded 945.000 viewers read more
- Milano - 15/09/2017 Rai1 premiered drama series Provaci ancora prof 7! and won pt slot with 4.2m viewers: SkyUno premiered talent show X-Factor with good results - over 1m viewers read more
- Rome - 15/09/2017 Raicom launches season 2017/2018 of All Opera: The offer includes the best Italian season read more
- Milano - 14/09/2017 Rai1 movie Torno indietro e cambio vita won pt slot with 3.3m viewers: Rai2 premiered new edition of adventure game Pechino Express that recorded 1.8m viewers read more
- Zagreb - 07/09/2017 Nem announces dates for 2018 and offers free badges for early bird: The Sixth edition will be held in Dubrovnik, Croatia from June 11-14 read more
- New York - 07/08/2017 2017 International Emmy Awards nominees for news & current affair revealed: First Ever Emmy Nomination for Israel’s i24NEWS and First Current Affairs Nomination for Sweden’s SVT read more
- Roma - 24/07/2017 Simona Ercolani riceve il premio al Giffoni per I ragazzi del Bambino Gesù: La serie ritornerà nel 2018 insieme alla pubblicazione del libro read more
- Roma - 19/07/2017 Ecco l'elenco completo del board e del comitato selezione di MIA: Ad essi il compito di scegliere i progetti che saranno presentati al'evento read more
- Roma - 18/07/2017 Presentata la 3a edizione di MIA-Mercato Internazionale Audiovisivo: La manifestazione si svolgerà a Roma dal 19 al 23 ottobre read more
- Budapest - 24/06/2017 Chiusa con successo l'edizione 2017 di Natpe Budapest: Ne abbiamo parlato con il presidente e CEO JP Bommel read more