Mediaset Distribution launches Donnavventura spin-offs in Budapest
Format | Milano | 22/06/2017
At a press gathering today at NATPE Budapest, Mediaset Distribution presented two brand-new spin-offs for the long-running Italian series Donnavventura, both of which feature a competition at their core.
“I am very excited to present these formats because Donnavventura has been a popular and familiar brand for Mediaset networks for many years,” said Manuela Caputi, the head of Mediaset Distribution. “We have been producing Donnavventura for 28 years. It is more than a proven format.”
Caputi said that the original Donnavventura has wide appeal. “We select smart, good-looking, dynamic women, which appeals to every audience. We take them to very amazing, exotic and wonderful places around the world.” The reality adventure show is offered as a finished series and as a format.
To meet the needs of the international market, however, the producers decided to infuse a competition element. Donnavventura Challenge features an all-female team, who embark on an exotic journey with the aim of winning a job at a prestigious magazine. In each episode someone is voted off by the TV audience. Master Adventure, meanwhile, features both male and female teams. The shows are being offered as
Caputi pointed out that there are plenty of opportunities for sponsorships that come along with the format. “It has also been an incredible way to give value to every location that we visit. It’s a beautiful way for the location to [showcase] their natural beauty.”
As for why the company chose NATPE Budapest as a launching pad for the two formats, Caputi told World Screen Newsflash: “The first request we had regarding this format was from Greece and we thought it could really work. From there, we started developing these spin-offs. We were aiming at [the Central and Eastern European] market. Our dearest and most faithful clients are in this market. For us, it was very important to pitch this great production to our closest clients and friends. We felt very confident that we could talk to channels that we have been cooperating with for so many years mainly regarding fiction, but now for this project. It was absolutely the right bet because we have already secured interest from different territories.”
Caputi added that Mediaset Distribution has proposed some cost solutions for smaller countries working with lower budgets to be able to adapt the shows. One would be to localize only the casting and training in a country, but have that local group come along on the travel and adventures of the Italian cast. “They could take advantage of the know-how and the costs,” she said.
Another idea would be to have groups from different countries competing against each other in the same show. “That could also make it more interesting!” Caputi said.
Grande successo per l'anteprima italiana di Genius
MTV Int’l commissions True North for observational reality “Million Dollar Baby”
Discovery en Español adapting The Question Jury, named Debate Goleador
Ottimo esordio per la prima puntata del Grande Fratello 15
Channel 4 to bring Armoza Formats’ Sex Tape to the UK
- Milano - 23/04/2018 Rai1 talk show Che Tempo Che Fa won pt slot with 3.4m viewers: Special episode of game show The Wall on Canale5 recorded 2.3m viewers read more
- Rome - 22/04/2018 La Corrida leader on Friday Night with 5 million viewers: The popular show is presented by Carlo Conti read more
- Milano - 22/04/2018 Talent show Amici on Canale5 won pt slot with almost 3.8m viewers: Ballando con le stelle on Rai1 recorded 3.5m viewers read more
- Milano - 20/04/2018 Rai1 drama series Don Matteo 11 closed with 30.19% of share : The Voice of Italy 2018 on Rai2 recorded 1.8m viewers read more
- Milano - 19/04/2018 Rai1 movie Nemiche per la pelle won pt slot with 3.5m viewers: Drama series The Hunter on Rai 2 closed with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 19/04/2018 Rai 2 drama series Il Cacciatore got a very good result in the last episode: The series officially premiered last week during CanneSeries event in Cannes read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 The Treehouse Stories, Emmy® Kids Awards 2018 Winner: Produced by Dandeloo in association with Carbonara Production. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 International Emmy Kids Award Winners Unveiled in Cannes: The sixth annual event were presented in partnership with Reed MIDEM read more
- Cannes - 10/04/2018 Miptv 2018: fresh tv session about kids live action by Virginia Mouseler: Find Me in Paris, Sara & Marti, Baseboys, ecc. read more
- Cannes - 10/04/2018 Inter Medya signs a package deal in the US: they have closed a package of 6 Turkish feature films. read more