Mediaset Distribution launches Donnavventura spin-offs in Budapest
Format | Milano | 22/06/2017
At a press gathering today at NATPE Budapest, Mediaset Distribution presented two brand-new spin-offs for the long-running Italian series Donnavventura, both of which feature a competition at their core.
“I am very excited to present these formats because Donnavventura has been a popular and familiar brand for Mediaset networks for many years,” said Manuela Caputi, the head of Mediaset Distribution. “We have been producing Donnavventura for 28 years. It is more than a proven format.”
Caputi said that the original Donnavventura has wide appeal. “We select smart, good-looking, dynamic women, which appeals to every audience. We take them to very amazing, exotic and wonderful places around the world.” The reality adventure show is offered as a finished series and as a format.
To meet the needs of the international market, however, the producers decided to infuse a competition element. Donnavventura Challenge features an all-female team, who embark on an exotic journey with the aim of winning a job at a prestigious magazine. In each episode someone is voted off by the TV audience. Master Adventure, meanwhile, features both male and female teams. The shows are being offered as
Caputi pointed out that there are plenty of opportunities for sponsorships that come along with the format. “It has also been an incredible way to give value to every location that we visit. It’s a beautiful way for the location to [showcase] their natural beauty.”
As for why the company chose NATPE Budapest as a launching pad for the two formats, Caputi told World Screen Newsflash: “The first request we had regarding this format was from Greece and we thought it could really work. From there, we started developing these spin-offs. We were aiming at [the Central and Eastern European] market. Our dearest and most faithful clients are in this market. For us, it was very important to pitch this great production to our closest clients and friends. We felt very confident that we could talk to channels that we have been cooperating with for so many years mainly regarding fiction, but now for this project. It was absolutely the right bet because we have already secured interest from different territories.”
Caputi added that Mediaset Distribution has proposed some cost solutions for smaller countries working with lower budgets to be able to adapt the shows. One would be to localize only the casting and training in a country, but have that local group come along on the travel and adventures of the Italian cast. “They could take advantage of the know-how and the costs,” she said.
Another idea would be to have groups from different countries competing against each other in the same show. “That could also make it more interesting!” Caputi said.
Announced US Celebrity Version of Big Brother
Presentato il Cinemino a Milano con la programmazione di film
Paranormal format Secret of Numbers adapted in Indonesia
Keshet hit Rising Star retains position as #1 talent show in Israel
The Story Lab has reached a deal for a Chinese version of Game of Clones
- Rome - 16/02/2018 Rai 1 comedy series Don Matteo 11 won the slot with 6.6 million viewers: The pubcaster keep being the leader of the prime time schedule read more
- Bologna - 15/02/2018 Unforgettable producer Bibi Ballandi passed away today : He was the king of entertainment, working hard with the most important artists read more
- Rome - 14/02/2018 Big debut for Rai 1 mini-series Fabrizio De Andrè - Principe Libero: The biopic focused on the real life of the celeb Italian singer read more
- Rome - 13/02/2018 Commissario Moltalbano is a super brand on Rai 1 with 11million viewers: The new episode scored an incredible result read more
- Rome - 12/02/2018 Sunday night dominated by Talk shows: The TV offers includes reportages, interviews read more
- Milano - 11/02/2018 Sanremo Music Festival 2018 closed on Rai1 with 12.125.000 viewers: The show is hosted by Claudio Baglioni, Michelle Hunziker and Pierfrancesco Favino. read more
- Paris - 31/01/2018 Massive response to "in developments call for entries" in Cannes: Two days of drama creative forum to be held in 10-11 April read more
- Miami - 21/01/2018 Natpe review by Sara Alessi @Worldescreen: The 2018 edition of NATPE in Miami was a success according to JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 Si apre il #NATPE 2018 a Miami con una fitta agenda di appuntamenti: Oggi inizia ufficialmente il mercato con la presentazione da parte di JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 All'Eden Hotel sono stati presentati i vincitori del Breakthrough : Un lunch evento per premiare I format piu' innovativi read more
- Paris - 11/01/2018 MIPTV announces its first keynote of 2018 - BuzzFeed’s Head of Development Matthew Henick: The leading global television and digital content market, MIPTV takes place in Cannes, France from April 9-12, 2018 read more
- Singapore - 05/12/2017 Asia TV Forum in Singapore closed with deals worth 289 million : The 18th event was a success with 5498 delegates from all over the world read more