Swedish music format Doobidoo will be adapted for Turkey’s Kanal D
Format | Milano | 22/06/2017
Kanal D in Turkey is getting its own local version of SVT’s classic music game show Doobidoo, which is now in its 12th season on the Swedish public broadcaster.
Magnify Media aligned with Turkish agent Sera Film for the deal. Formed Yapim has produced an 8×2-hour treatment of the format, in which celebrities compete in a series of challenges inspired by five decades of popular music.
Kanal D’s version will be presented by Turkish singer Irem Derici and will air under the local title Enjoy Yourself with Irem Derici.
Armagan Caglayan, the deputy general manager at Kanal D, said: “Turkish audiences absolutely love singing shows and this format allows us to dig deep over the years and celebrate our musical history and culture, but in a completely fresh way. We feel confident our audiences will take this show to their hearts as they have done in Sweden and around the world.”
Andrea Jackson, the managing director of Magnify Media, added: “Magnify is continuing to expand its network of premium suppliers and, in Scandinavia, they don’t come better than SVT, which is a hotbed of quality formats. Swedish audiences have real affection for Doobidoo—the proof being that it’s one of the longest running entertainment shows in Europe. With the help of Sera Film, which has an impressive track record in finding the right home for foreign formats, we are confident Turkish audiences will be singing along with Irem Derici for many years to come.”
Paulette Rosas Hott, the head of business development at SVT International, said: “Doobidoo has entertained Swedish TV viewers for more than a decade and it’s always invigorating to see a national treasure find its way to a new audience. Magnify Media has worked hard to create new opportunities for this brand, and we’re looking forward to seeing how Turkey’s viewers interact with this truly great show.”
- Milano - 17/06/2018 Italia1 won pt slot with World Cup's match Croazia-Nigeria - 4m viewers: NOVE musical event Radio Italia Live - Il Concerto recorded 490.000 viewers read more
- Milano - 16/06/2018 Over 7m viewers for Canale5 with World Cup's match Spagna-Portogallo: Rai1 variety show Ora o Mai Più involved 3.7m viewers read more
- Milano - 15/06/2018 Game show Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 closed with 3.2m viewers: Rai1 rerun drama series Don Matteo recorded 2.9m viewers read more
- Milano - 14/06/2018 Rai1 movie Un matrimonio da favola won pt slot with almost 3m viewers: Rai2 premiered new factual Il Supplente that recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Milano - 13/06/2018 Rai1 musical event WMA 2018 won pt slot with 3.7m viewers: The show is produced by F&P Group and Ballandi Multimedia read more
- Milano - 12/06/2018 Amici 17 on Canale5 closed with 4.8m viewers: The winner of the edition is the singer Irama. read more
- Dubrovnik - 06/06/2018 Agenda of the key media event in CEE region – NEM 2018: NEM's sixth edition, taking place in Dubrovnik from June 11 to 14 read more
- Los Angeles - 25/05/2018 NATPE Budapest Int'l Finds Increase In Buyers Attendance: JP Bommel president and ceo of Natpe commentes the positive trend read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedì 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more