Endemol Shine’s The Brain to get Ukrainian treatment
Format | Milano | 16/06/2017
Ukrainian broadcaster STB has commissioned a local version of Endemol Shine Group’s talent show format The Brain, which has also been renewed for a second season in Poland.
STB ordered eight episodes of the format, which was originally developed by Endemol Shine Germany along with their joint venture company Herr P and broadcaster ZDF. Polsat has commissioned Endemol Shine Poland to produce a second season for broadcast later this year.
The Brain has now sold into 14 territories, including Russia, China, Bosnia, Montenegro, Croatia and Serbia. The U.S. version, Superhuman, launched a prime-time run this week on FOX. The Brain showcases extraordinary skills and feats as contestants compete for a cash prize by performing mental and physical challenges that are all but impossible for ordinary people. A celebrity panel offers commentary for the studio audience.
Marina Williams, the COO of international operations at Endemol Shine Group, said, “The Brain has firmly established itself as a hit across the region and we are thrilled to be bringing the show to Ukraine and to announce a second [season] in Poland. Turning the spotlight on the incredible skills of ordinary people really resonates with audiences and we are expecting strong interest at NAPTE Budapest next week.”
Lisa Perrin, the CEO of Creative Networks at Endemol Shine Group, added, “Since it first launched in Germany, The Brain has gone from strength to strength and is a perfect example of how brilliant ideas can come from anywhere. It’s great to be bringing the show to new markets such as Ukraine and we’re sure the U.S. series premiere on FOX will supercharge the format further.”
- Milano - 17/06/2018 Italia1 won pt slot with World Cup's match Croazia-Nigeria - 4m viewers: NOVE musical event Radio Italia Live - Il Concerto recorded 490.000 viewers read more
- Milano - 16/06/2018 Over 7m viewers for Canale5 with World Cup's match Spagna-Portogallo: Rai1 variety show Ora o Mai Più involved 3.7m viewers read more
- Milano - 15/06/2018 Game show Vuoi Scommettere? on Canale5 closed with 3.2m viewers: Rai1 rerun drama series Don Matteo recorded 2.9m viewers read more
- Milano - 14/06/2018 Rai1 movie Un matrimonio da favola won pt slot with almost 3m viewers: Rai2 premiered new factual Il Supplente that recorded 1.6m viewers read more
- Milano - 13/06/2018 Rai1 musical event WMA 2018 won pt slot with 3.7m viewers: The show is produced by F&P Group and Ballandi Multimedia read more
- Milano - 12/06/2018 Amici 17 on Canale5 closed with 4.8m viewers: The winner of the edition is the singer Irama. read more
- Dubrovnik - 06/06/2018 Agenda of the key media event in CEE region – NEM 2018: NEM's sixth edition, taking place in Dubrovnik from June 11 to 14 read more
- Los Angeles - 25/05/2018 NATPE Budapest Int'l Finds Increase In Buyers Attendance: JP Bommel president and ceo of Natpe commentes the positive trend read more
- Zagreb - 18/05/2018 Top-quality football is the biggest blockbuster: TV rights for football competitions and matches seem to be made out of gold read more
- Roma - 18/05/2018 Convegno Anart: A chi conviene la concorrenza fra le collecting? : A Roma lunedì 4 giugno dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 17.30 al MAXXI | Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more