Endemol Shine’s The Brain to get Ukrainian treatment
Format | Milano | 16/06/2017
Ukrainian broadcaster STB has commissioned a local version of Endemol Shine Group’s talent show format The Brain, which has also been renewed for a second season in Poland.
STB ordered eight episodes of the format, which was originally developed by Endemol Shine Germany along with their joint venture company Herr P and broadcaster ZDF. Polsat has commissioned Endemol Shine Poland to produce a second season for broadcast later this year.
The Brain has now sold into 14 territories, including Russia, China, Bosnia, Montenegro, Croatia and Serbia. The U.S. version, Superhuman, launched a prime-time run this week on FOX. The Brain showcases extraordinary skills and feats as contestants compete for a cash prize by performing mental and physical challenges that are all but impossible for ordinary people. A celebrity panel offers commentary for the studio audience.
Marina Williams, the COO of international operations at Endemol Shine Group, said, “The Brain has firmly established itself as a hit across the region and we are thrilled to be bringing the show to Ukraine and to announce a second [season] in Poland. Turning the spotlight on the incredible skills of ordinary people really resonates with audiences and we are expecting strong interest at NAPTE Budapest next week.”
Lisa Perrin, the CEO of Creative Networks at Endemol Shine Group, added, “Since it first launched in Germany, The Brain has gone from strength to strength and is a perfect example of how brilliant ideas can come from anywhere. It’s great to be bringing the show to new markets such as Ukraine and we’re sure the U.S. series premiere on FOX will supercharge the format further.”
Grande successo per l'anteprima italiana di Genius
MTV Int’l commissions True North for observational reality “Million Dollar Baby”
Discovery en Español adapting The Question Jury, named Debate Goleador
Ottimo esordio per la prima puntata del Grande Fratello 15
Channel 4 to bring Armoza Formats’ Sex Tape to the UK
- Milano - 23/04/2018 Rai1 talk show Che Tempo Che Fa won pt slot with 3.4m viewers: Special episode of game show The Wall on Canale5 recorded 2.3m viewers read more
- Rome - 22/04/2018 La Corrida leader on Friday Night with 5 million viewers: The popular show is presented by Carlo Conti read more
- Milano - 22/04/2018 Talent show Amici on Canale5 won pt slot with almost 3.8m viewers: Ballando con le stelle on Rai1 recorded 3.5m viewers read more
- Milano - 20/04/2018 Rai1 drama series Don Matteo 11 closed with 30.19% of share : The Voice of Italy 2018 on Rai2 recorded 1.8m viewers read more
- Milano - 19/04/2018 Rai1 movie Nemiche per la pelle won pt slot with 3.5m viewers: Drama series The Hunter on Rai 2 closed with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 19/04/2018 Rai 2 drama series Il Cacciatore got a very good result in the last episode: The series officially premiered last week during CanneSeries event in Cannes read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 The Treehouse Stories, Emmy® Kids Awards 2018 Winner: Produced by Dandeloo in association with Carbonara Production. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 International Emmy Kids Award Winners Unveiled in Cannes: The sixth annual event were presented in partnership with Reed MIDEM read more
- Cannes - 10/04/2018 Miptv 2018: fresh tv session about kids live action by Virginia Mouseler: Find Me in Paris, Sara & Marti, Baseboys, ecc. read more
- Cannes - 10/04/2018 Inter Medya signs a package deal in the US: they have closed a package of 6 Turkish feature films. read more