Endemol Shine’s The Brain to get Ukrainian treatment
Format | Milano | 16/06/2017
Ukrainian broadcaster STB has commissioned a local version of Endemol Shine Group’s talent show format The Brain, which has also been renewed for a second season in Poland.
STB ordered eight episodes of the format, which was originally developed by Endemol Shine Germany along with their joint venture company Herr P and broadcaster ZDF. Polsat has commissioned Endemol Shine Poland to produce a second season for broadcast later this year.
The Brain has now sold into 14 territories, including Russia, China, Bosnia, Montenegro, Croatia and Serbia. The U.S. version, Superhuman, launched a prime-time run this week on FOX. The Brain showcases extraordinary skills and feats as contestants compete for a cash prize by performing mental and physical challenges that are all but impossible for ordinary people. A celebrity panel offers commentary for the studio audience.
Marina Williams, the COO of international operations at Endemol Shine Group, said, “The Brain has firmly established itself as a hit across the region and we are thrilled to be bringing the show to Ukraine and to announce a second [season] in Poland. Turning the spotlight on the incredible skills of ordinary people really resonates with audiences and we are expecting strong interest at NAPTE Budapest next week.”
Lisa Perrin, the CEO of Creative Networks at Endemol Shine Group, added, “Since it first launched in Germany, The Brain has gone from strength to strength and is a perfect example of how brilliant ideas can come from anywhere. It’s great to be bringing the show to new markets such as Ukraine and we’re sure the U.S. series premiere on FOX will supercharge the format further.”
Strepitoso esordio per il nuovo game show di Canale 5 The Wall
The US version of The Final Four will premiere in January 2018
Keshet Sells quiz show Contact to Record TV Brasil
Global Agency signs deals for My Wife rules in Latam at Mipcancun
Italia 1 ha lanciato Giù in 60 secondi - Adrenalina ad alta quota
- Rome - 21/11/2017 Endemol Italy scored more than 10 million viewers between Rai 1 and Canale 5: Pubcaster Rai aired a new drama meanwhile Mediased had Big Brother read more
- Rome - 20/11/2017 Canale 5 drama Rosy Abate won the Sunday night slot with 4.4 million viewers: The sequel of Antimafia Squad is leading the prime time slot with the second episode read more
- Milano - 19/11/2017 Canale5 leader of pt slot of Saturday with Tu sì qui vales - 5.5m viewers: Rai1 charity musical event Prodigi recorded 2.5m viewers read more
- Rome - 17/11/2017 Head to head with Rai 1 and Canale 5 prime time's drama on Thursday night: Both broadcast two good drama series one fantasy for Rai 1 and a family saga on Mediaset read more
- Rome - 15/11/2017 Rai 1 drama Back Home recorded 5.7 million viewers on the 1th episode: The series is produced by Casanova Multimedia and Rai Fiction read more
- Rome - 14/11/2017 Italy stunned as Sweden beat Azzurri and reachs World CUP: Rai 1 broadcast the live event with more than 14.000 million viewers tuned on the match read more
- Jerusalem - 21/11/2017 #INTV2018 returns with all-star lineup of Media visionaries for the 5th Edition: The forum will be held in March 12-13 in Jerusalem read more
- Cancun - 15/11/2017 Inter Medya's Money Monster Once Again at Fresh TV in Cancun: Reed Midem's Latin America Event MIPCANCUN began today read more
- Los Angeles - 08/11/2017 Sony Pictures Entertainment CEO Vinciquerra and Soledad O'Brian to keynote: Strong presence of International Executives at the upcoming event in Miami read more
- Istanbul - 30/10/2017 Inter Medya viaggia da est a ovest per esportare le serie turche: Dopo Discop Africa si riparte per Mipcancun read more
- Roma - 25/10/2017 Grande successo per MIA con 1800 partecipanti: Si è conclusa la 5 giorni che ha raccolto professionisti del cinema e della TV a Roma read more
- Roma - 24/10/2017 Serialità e gaming mai cosi vicini: Durante il panel "Creative Emotions " si è parlato dei rapporti molto stretti tra i due generi read more