Authentic & Zoe Saldana’s Cinestar team for unscripted series Mothers
Format | New York | 08/06/2017
Authentic Entertainment is teaming with Zoe, Mariel and Cisely Saldana’s Cinestar Productions on an American adaptation of the hit Israeli format Mothers.
First developed by Israeli broadcaster Reshet, Mothers follows six prominent mothers in a transformative social experiment. The women, each with a different lifestyle and approach to motherhood, are brought together to explore the diversity of what being a mother means and what it takes to tackle the tough and rewarding role. In each episode, the six mothers open up their homes and hearts to cameras 24/7 and then sit down together and watch their most vulnerable moments play out in front of them.
Authentic and Cinestar are taking the series out to U.S. buyers starting this week.
“This format reached out and grabbed me and it was the same for the Saldana sisters—immediate love for the boldness of the format,” said Authentic Entertainment CEO and Co-Founder Lauren Lexton. “It’s part documentary, part social experiment and part juicy soap opera. You just can’t stop watching.”
Added Zoe, Mariel and Cisely Saldana, “We’re proud to be part of this amazing project, which offers a compelling glimpse into what it means to be a mother in the modern world. Mothers is incredibly watchable TV programming, but it equally serves as a platform for empowering women.”
Announced US Celebrity Version of Big Brother
Presentato il Cinemino a Milano con la programmazione di film
Paranormal format Secret of Numbers adapted in Indonesia
Keshet hit Rising Star retains position as #1 talent show in Israel
The Story Lab has reached a deal for a Chinese version of Game of Clones
- Rome - 16/02/2018 Rai 1 comedy series Don Matteo 11 won the slot with 6.6 million viewers: The pubcaster keep being the leader of the prime time schedule read more
- Bologna - 15/02/2018 Unforgettable producer Bibi Ballandi passed away today : He was the king of entertainment, working hard with the most important artists read more
- Rome - 14/02/2018 Big debut for Rai 1 mini-series Fabrizio De Andrè - Principe Libero: The biopic focused on the real life of the celeb Italian singer read more
- Rome - 13/02/2018 Commissario Moltalbano is a super brand on Rai 1 with 11million viewers: The new episode scored an incredible result read more
- Rome - 12/02/2018 Sunday night dominated by Talk shows: The TV offers includes reportages, interviews read more
- Milano - 11/02/2018 Sanremo Music Festival 2018 closed on Rai1 with 12.125.000 viewers: The show is hosted by Claudio Baglioni, Michelle Hunziker and Pierfrancesco Favino. read more
- Paris - 31/01/2018 Massive response to "in developments call for entries" in Cannes: Two days of drama creative forum to be held in 10-11 April read more
- Miami - 21/01/2018 Natpe review by Sara Alessi @Worldescreen: The 2018 edition of NATPE in Miami was a success according to JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 Si apre il #NATPE 2018 a Miami con una fitta agenda di appuntamenti: Oggi inizia ufficialmente il mercato con la presentazione da parte di JP Bommel read more
- Miami - 16/01/2018 All'Eden Hotel sono stati presentati i vincitori del Breakthrough : Un lunch evento per premiare I format piu' innovativi read more
- Paris - 11/01/2018 MIPTV announces its first keynote of 2018 - BuzzFeed’s Head of Development Matthew Henick: The leading global television and digital content market, MIPTV takes place in Cannes, France from April 9-12, 2018 read more
- Singapore - 05/12/2017 Asia TV Forum in Singapore closed with deals worth 289 million : The 18th event was a success with 5498 delegates from all over the world read more