Authentic & Zoe Saldana’s Cinestar team for unscripted series Mothers
Format | New York | 08/06/2017
Authentic Entertainment is teaming with Zoe, Mariel and Cisely Saldana’s Cinestar Productions on an American adaptation of the hit Israeli format Mothers.
First developed by Israeli broadcaster Reshet, Mothers follows six prominent mothers in a transformative social experiment. The women, each with a different lifestyle and approach to motherhood, are brought together to explore the diversity of what being a mother means and what it takes to tackle the tough and rewarding role. In each episode, the six mothers open up their homes and hearts to cameras 24/7 and then sit down together and watch their most vulnerable moments play out in front of them.
Authentic and Cinestar are taking the series out to U.S. buyers starting this week.
“This format reached out and grabbed me and it was the same for the Saldana sisters—immediate love for the boldness of the format,” said Authentic Entertainment CEO and Co-Founder Lauren Lexton. “It’s part documentary, part social experiment and part juicy soap opera. You just can’t stop watching.”
Added Zoe, Mariel and Cisely Saldana, “We’re proud to be part of this amazing project, which offers a compelling glimpse into what it means to be a mother in the modern world. Mothers is incredibly watchable TV programming, but it equally serves as a platform for empowering women.”
Grande successo per l'anteprima italiana di Genius
MTV Int’l commissions True North for observational reality “Million Dollar Baby”
Discovery en Español adapting The Question Jury, named Debate Goleador
Ottimo esordio per la prima puntata del Grande Fratello 15
Channel 4 to bring Armoza Formats’ Sex Tape to the UK
- Milano - 23/04/2018 Rai1 talk show Che Tempo Che Fa won pt slot with 3.4m viewers: Special episode of game show The Wall on Canale5 recorded 2.3m viewers read more
- Rome - 22/04/2018 La Corrida leader on Friday Night with 5 million viewers: The popular show is presented by Carlo Conti read more
- Milano - 22/04/2018 Talent show Amici on Canale5 won pt slot with almost 3.8m viewers: Ballando con le stelle on Rai1 recorded 3.5m viewers read more
- Milano - 20/04/2018 Rai1 drama series Don Matteo 11 closed with 30.19% of share : The Voice of Italy 2018 on Rai2 recorded 1.8m viewers read more
- Milano - 19/04/2018 Rai1 movie Nemiche per la pelle won pt slot with 3.5m viewers: Drama series The Hunter on Rai 2 closed with 1.6m viewers read more
- Rome - 19/04/2018 Rai 2 drama series Il Cacciatore got a very good result in the last episode: The series officially premiered last week during CanneSeries event in Cannes read more
- Zagreb - 18/04/2018 NEM 2018: Advertising has never been more challenging!: The panel will be held during the market in Dubrovnik on the 11-14 of June read more
- Cannes - 13/04/2018 Reed MIDEM: Cannes events welcomed 10,000 Delegates: There were some 1,480 exhibiting companies and 3,600 buyers, including 1,000-plus for VOD, the event organizer revealed. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 The Treehouse Stories, Emmy® Kids Awards 2018 Winner: Produced by Dandeloo in association with Carbonara Production. read more
- Cannes - 11/04/2018 International Emmy Kids Award Winners Unveiled in Cannes: The sixth annual event were presented in partnership with Reed MIDEM read more
- Cannes - 10/04/2018 Miptv 2018: fresh tv session about kids live action by Virginia Mouseler: Find Me in Paris, Sara & Marti, Baseboys, ecc. read more
- Cannes - 10/04/2018 Inter Medya signs a package deal in the US: they have closed a package of 6 Turkish feature films. read more