American Summer of alternatives
Format | Milan | 05/06/2017
The summer schedules of the U.S. broadcast networks are awash with entertainment shows, from lighthearted games to talent competitions to juicy reality fare.
Singles, celebs, dancing and app-inspired gameplay are just some of what viewers can expect to see within the new spate of alternative series.
Jennifer Lopez is heating up the small screen this summer as a judge and executive producer on the brand-new competition show World of Dance on NBC. The network also has the returning schedule staple America’s Got Talent, which this time around sees Tyra Banks as host. American Ninja Warrior, based on the Japanese megahit, is back as well. NBC continues to bet big on game shows, with The Wall and Hollywood Game Night both returning.
ABC has the iconic game show The $100,000 Pyramid, which once again features an all-star cast of celebrities. A celebrity version of Family Feud returns to the network in prime time this summer for a third season. To Tell the Truth, a reimagining of the beloved game show of the same name, is back with new episodes, also featuring a panel of celebs. The network is bringing back Bachelor in Paradise with a bevy of fan favorites from the long-running The Bachelor and The Bachelorette franchises. New on the scene is Boy Band, in which talented singers battle it out to become a member of the next great music sensation. Mark Burnett has a fresh entry to ABC’s summer fray with Steve Harvey’s FUNDERDOME, a seed-funding competition reality series in which two budding entrepreneurs go head-to-head to win over a live studio audience to fund their ideas, products or companies. The Gong Show is making a comeback, watching as a revolving panel of judges featuring Hollywood stars praise, critique and gong contestants.
While CBS does have some event dramas set for the summer, the network is looking to make a splash with its new prime-time game show Candy Crush, inspired by the mobile game that became a worldwide phenomenon. Big Brother remains a stalwart hit and is coming back for what will be its 19th season.
Another app-inspired show, Beat Shazam, has made its way to FOX’s summer lineup. Jamie Foxx hosts the interactive game show, which riffs off of the mobile song-identification application. Gordon Ramsay’s got a new live cooking series, The F Word, along with another season of MasterChef on the network. A newcomer to the FOX summer slate, the competition format Superhuman—originally produced by Endemol Shine Germany and adapted in countries such as France, Brazil, China and Italy—will be testing the limits of ordinary people with extraordinary talents. American Grit will once again see WWE superstar John Cena putting contestants through a military-style boot camp. Also returning to the network this summer is So You Think You Can Dance, which will head into its 14th cycle. Love Connection, the classic dating game show that won over legions of viewers throughout the ’80s and ’90s, was revived by FOX and placed in prime time. The network’s alternative-heavy summer lineup is already delivering, too. The debuts of Love Connection and Beat Shazam helped FOX claim its first Thursday night win since April 7 of last year, which was the series finale of American Idol.
Thai treatment for Armoza’s game show Pull Over
Aperte le iscrizioni al Master FareTV dell'Università Cattolica di Milano
I vincitori di ProFormat su UNO MATTINA RAI 1
Elenco dei vincitori del concorso Anart e Siae PRO FORMAT
Fabio Fazio e Magnolia: nasce OFFICINA la nuova società di produzione
- Milano - 23/07/2017 Canale5 rerun entertainment show Ciao Darwin 7 won pt slot with 1.8m viewers: Rai1 rerun episode of variety Laura & Paola recorded 1.5m viewers read more
- Milano - 22/07/2017 Canale5 movie La ragazza del dipinto won pt slot with 2.1m viewers: Rai1 documentary Speciale Cose Nostre recorded 1.4m viewers read more
- Milano - 21/07/2017 Rai1 drama series Velvet won pt slot with 2.6m viewers: Canale5 movie La vita è una cosa meravigliosa reached 2.3m viewers read more
- Rome - 20/07/2017 Stand By Me got commissioned 3 new original series: Simona Ercolani CEO of SBM said that more shows will be developed read more
- Milano - 20/07/2017 Rai1 docufilm Paolo Borsellino - Adesso tocca a me won pt slot with 3.4m viewers: Canale5 drama series Shades of Blue recorded 1.4m viewers read more
- Milano - 19/07/2017 Canale5 musical event Wind Summer Festival 2017 won pt slot with 2.4m viewers: Rai1 British drama series The Halcyon reached 1.8m viewers read more
- Roma - 24/07/2017 Simona Ercolani riceve il premio al Giffoni per I ragazzi del Bambino Gesù: La serie ritornerà nel 2018 insieme alla pubblicazione del libro read more
- Roma - 19/07/2017 Ecco l'elenco completo del board e del comitato selezione di MIA: Ad essi il compito di scegliere i progetti che saranno presentati al'evento read more
- Roma - 18/07/2017 Presentata la 3a edizione di MIA-Mercato Internazionale Audiovisivo: La manifestazione si svolgerà a Roma dal 19 al 23 ottobre read more
- Budapest - 24/06/2017 Chiusa con successo l'edizione 2017 di Natpe Budapest: Ne abbiamo parlato con il presidente e CEO JP Bommel read more
- Budapest - 23/06/2017 CEETV and NATPE announce finalists for the 2nd edition of PITCH & PLAY LIVE : The event took place during Natpe Budapest in June read more
- Dubrovnik - 14/06/2017 Izzet Pinto ceo di Global Agency ha svelato i segreti del suo successo: Al Nem 2017 che si sta svolgendo in questi giorni a Dubrovnik una folla ascolta il distributore turco read more