American Summer of alternatives
Format | Milan | 05/06/2017
The summer schedules of the U.S. broadcast networks are awash with entertainment shows, from lighthearted games to talent competitions to juicy reality fare.
Singles, celebs, dancing and app-inspired gameplay are just some of what viewers can expect to see within the new spate of alternative series.
Jennifer Lopez is heating up the small screen this summer as a judge and executive producer on the brand-new competition show World of Dance on NBC. The network also has the returning schedule staple America’s Got Talent, which this time around sees Tyra Banks as host. American Ninja Warrior, based on the Japanese megahit, is back as well. NBC continues to bet big on game shows, with The Wall and Hollywood Game Night both returning.
ABC has the iconic game show The $100,000 Pyramid, which once again features an all-star cast of celebrities. A celebrity version of Family Feud returns to the network in prime time this summer for a third season. To Tell the Truth, a reimagining of the beloved game show of the same name, is back with new episodes, also featuring a panel of celebs. The network is bringing back Bachelor in Paradise with a bevy of fan favorites from the long-running The Bachelor and The Bachelorette franchises. New on the scene is Boy Band, in which talented singers battle it out to become a member of the next great music sensation. Mark Burnett has a fresh entry to ABC’s summer fray with Steve Harvey’s FUNDERDOME, a seed-funding competition reality series in which two budding entrepreneurs go head-to-head to win over a live studio audience to fund their ideas, products or companies. The Gong Show is making a comeback, watching as a revolving panel of judges featuring Hollywood stars praise, critique and gong contestants.
While CBS does have some event dramas set for the summer, the network is looking to make a splash with its new prime-time game show Candy Crush, inspired by the mobile game that became a worldwide phenomenon. Big Brother remains a stalwart hit and is coming back for what will be its 19th season.
Another app-inspired show, Beat Shazam, has made its way to FOX’s summer lineup. Jamie Foxx hosts the interactive game show, which riffs off of the mobile song-identification application. Gordon Ramsay’s got a new live cooking series, The F Word, along with another season of MasterChef on the network. A newcomer to the FOX summer slate, the competition format Superhuman—originally produced by Endemol Shine Germany and adapted in countries such as France, Brazil, China and Italy—will be testing the limits of ordinary people with extraordinary talents. American Grit will once again see WWE superstar John Cena putting contestants through a military-style boot camp. Also returning to the network this summer is So You Think You Can Dance, which will head into its 14th cycle. Love Connection, the classic dating game show that won over legions of viewers throughout the ’80s and ’90s, was revived by FOX and placed in prime time. The network’s alternative-heavy summer lineup is already delivering, too. The debuts of Love Connection and Beat Shazam helped FOX claim its first Thursday night win since April 7 of last year, which was the series finale of American Idol.
Strepitoso esordio per il nuovo game show di Canale 5 The Wall
The US version of The Final Four will premiere in January 2018
Keshet Sells quiz show Contact to Record TV Brasil
Global Agency signs deals for My Wife rules in Latam at Mipcancun
Italia 1 ha lanciato Giù in 60 secondi - Adrenalina ad alta quota
- Rome - 21/11/2017 Endemol Italy scored more than 10 million viewers between Rai 1 and Canale 5: Pubcaster Rai aired a new drama meanwhile Mediased had Big Brother read more
- Rome - 20/11/2017 Canale 5 drama Rosy Abate won the Sunday night slot with 4.4 million viewers: The sequel of Antimafia Squad is leading the prime time slot with the second episode read more
- Milano - 19/11/2017 Canale5 leader of pt slot of Saturday with Tu sì qui vales - 5.5m viewers: Rai1 charity musical event Prodigi recorded 2.5m viewers read more
- Rome - 17/11/2017 Head to head with Rai 1 and Canale 5 prime time's drama on Thursday night: Both broadcast two good drama series one fantasy for Rai 1 and a family saga on Mediaset read more
- Rome - 15/11/2017 Rai 1 drama Back Home recorded 5.7 million viewers on the 1th episode: The series is produced by Casanova Multimedia and Rai Fiction read more
- Rome - 14/11/2017 Italy stunned as Sweden beat Azzurri and reachs World CUP: Rai 1 broadcast the live event with more than 14.000 million viewers tuned on the match read more
- Jerusalem - 21/11/2017 #INTV2018 returns with all-star lineup of Media visionaries for the 5th Edition: The forum will be held in March 12-13 in Jerusalem read more
- Cancun - 15/11/2017 Inter Medya's Money Monster Once Again at Fresh TV in Cancun: Reed Midem's Latin America Event MIPCANCUN began today read more
- Los Angeles - 08/11/2017 Sony Pictures Entertainment CEO Vinciquerra and Soledad O'Brian to keynote: Strong presence of International Executives at the upcoming event in Miami read more
- Istanbul - 30/10/2017 Inter Medya viaggia da est a ovest per esportare le serie turche: Dopo Discop Africa si riparte per Mipcancun read more
- Roma - 25/10/2017 Grande successo per MIA con 1800 partecipanti: Si è conclusa la 5 giorni che ha raccolto professionisti del cinema e della TV a Roma read more
- Roma - 24/10/2017 Serialità e gaming mai cosi vicini: Durante il panel "Creative Emotions " si è parlato dei rapporti molto stretti tra i due generi read more